Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an adapter for the USB port on korgTR series?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sglov25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Is there an adapter for the USB port on korgTR series? Reply with quote

I have the TR88 and the female usb input is of the older variety. I'm thinking there may be an adapter to change it. It's the "U-shaped" type. I'd rather it be the flat type that's typical one shown on the other end.

That would allow me to use a usb stick as well as a smart media card. I currently don't own a Laptop and would prefer to transfer this way....

I tried up loading a photo but it didn't work The main reason I'd like one is to use one of the "Bright Lites" powered by usb to light my TR88. It's on the bottom rack of my keyboard stand and it would be great to see it clearly.
twstone1983

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usb connector on the back of TR88 is a Type B connector. The usb port on the TR is only usable as a MIDI interface. It is not usable for Data transfer or as an audio interface.

Current Gear: N364, TR88, Kross61, Art Pro MPA II, Studio Projects B1, Shure SM58/SM57, Behringer C1, Behringer XM8500, Yamaha MG 10/2, Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Steinberg CI2, Cubase AI 6.
Sglov25

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Yep....I know about the MIDI transfer capability of the TR. Reply with quote

twstone1983 wrote:
The usb connector on the back of TR88 is a Type B connector. The usb port on the TR is only usable as a MIDI interface. It is not usable for Data transfer or as an audio interface.

My main reason for asking abuot an adapter from the "Type B connector" to the new type usb connection was so that I could use on of these to light my TR's panel.

http://www.mightybright.com/Music-Lights/2-LED-USB-Light/

I suppose I could try the "Clip-on" model though.

http://www.mightybright.com/Music-Lights/HammerHead-LED-Music-Light/

My TR is on the bottom level of my 3 tiered stand and is hard to see. One of these would be just the right touch!
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to consider an LED rope light, aka "christmas lights" since we are coming into that season (yeah, christmas in september, don't get me started) and they are relatively cheap, will stand a lit of abuse, and have more than one light source in case something breaks or burns out.

Do it in colors and you can get fairly stage-worthy lights...I like blue because it gives that UFO glow under each board. Looks like they're floating.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
twstone1983

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the adapter you are looking for fairly cheap on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Type-A-Female-to-USB-Type-B-Male-Adapter-AU2A2-B1-/280818155938?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item41621101a2

I think BB has a pretty solid idea as well with the rope LED lights. I have a feeling using that adapter with the light you want to use will put too much stress on the USB connector on the TR and damage it.

Current Gear: N364, TR88, Kross61, Art Pro MPA II, Studio Projects B1, Shure SM58/SM57, Behringer C1, Behringer XM8500, Yamaha MG 10/2, Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Steinberg CI2, Cubase AI 6.
Sglov25

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twstone1983 wrote:
I found the adapter you are looking for fairly cheap on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Type-A-Female-to-USB-Type-B-Male-Adapter-AU2A2-B1-/280818155938?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item41621101a2

I think BB has a pretty solid idea as well with the rope LED lights. I have a feeling using that adapter with the light you want to use will put too much stress on the USB connector on the TR and damage it.

Thanks Billbaker and twistone! I knew there had to be an adapter available. I'm going with the adapter. I'm not goiing to be on stage as I'm not with a band and just amusing myself at home. The usb light should fill my bill perfectly for now and allow easier hook-up for a laptop.

I may however go with the clip on version that's pictured in the ad clipped to a mixer. Thanks for your input guys....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: