Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anker Astro Pro2 External Battery for my EMX1SD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telengard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Anker Astro Pro2 External Battery for my EMX1SD Reply with quote

I just got my Anker battery to test with my EMX1SD, and so far this is an awesome way of using it without connection to the mains. I will have to see how long it lasts on a charge with the tubes cranked up. It is awesome to be able to take my EMX outside and play in the garden! Now if it would only stop raining!

Here is a link to the battery if anyone is interested:

http://amzn.com/B00B45EOYS

UPDATE:
I have had it running full blast with tubes turned to max and I have got 4 hours out of it so far with it just dropping from 5 lights (charge amount in battery) on the battery to 3 lights. So an estimate of 10 hours on a charge! I would have been happy with 2 to 3 hours on a charge! So I am supper happy with it so far. Going to turn if off now.
crazytiti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you manage to plug this "power bloc" to the emx ?

By the way the emx use alternative current, if i'm not wrong this bloc provide only continuous current ?

i'have study some of the electribe schematics, and it will work on continuous current but some part of the circuit need the negative voltage to work OK, like analog amplifier and maybe the tube

Did you make comparison of the sound between the original AC adapter and this power bloc ?
Telengard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the EMX1SD model and it uses 12V DC. It was one of the updates to the new model from the Smart Media version I think. The Anker comes with a ton of adaptors so it came with the right one to plug it into the back instead of using the normal plug with transformer box. I will take a picture and upload it at some point.

There was no difference in the sound. The EMX still receives the same type of power as if it was plugged into the wall as it gets converted to DC. I made sure that the Anker could provide the proper amps before I bought it.
Telengard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics:

jiggityj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That awesome that you're able to power that. I've had a 10,000 mah portable batter with voltage selection from 5v to 19v that lets me power all sorts of stuff also.
crazytiti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i didn't know that the SD version use 12V dc.

I will try to get the schematic of the SD, maybe i can see what they have modified and get the smartmedia work with external supply (many people want this)

EDIT : i can't get my hand on any schematics for the SD version... if someone see it somewhere please PM Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: