Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use mp3 as style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimsweb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Use mp3 as style Reply with quote

Can we use an mp3 (or even a wav) as style file? Also, is it possible to make fill from an mp3 file? Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion inthis wonderful fraternity.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Use mp3 as style Reply with quote

jimsweb wrote:
Can we use an mp3 (or even a wav) as style file? Also, is it possible to make fill from an mp3 file? Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion inthis wonderful fraternity.

No.
Style is basic on Midi file, if possible special formatted midi file can be imported to style.
Is very Advanced, but is possible to import .wav sample to sound, saved and then assign to pad as fill.
Sampling is available in Pa900. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
jimsweb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that means i cant use a drum beat wave file as a pattern or style? is there any workaround? my pattern and fill are in wave format. is there any technique by i can use both in my pa900?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
As Nemik said - style tracks are completely MIDI.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimsweb wrote:
t my pattern and fill are in wave format. is there any technique by i can use both in my pa900?

Is not possible to mix wave with midi.
Midi is short for Musical Instrument Digital Interface.
Midi has no any sound build in, is only digital data telling instrument what, when and how to fire sounds coming from sound processor.
here is post how to Sampling in pa900:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=85499&sid=6788e551a49e314a65256a99883cb370
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's complex, but you could use samples...

Take you audio files, cut it up into four bar phrases, load into the sampler and create a MIDI file that plays the 'chunks' in order.

Of course, it's not going to change chords or keys to follow you, and getting the 'style' to change even tempos is not easy (you need to use something like ReCycle, which will chop a drum track into its component hits, and create an SMF that plays them in perfect time), but if all you need is to be able to use a drum groove or breakbeat to play over, at the recorded tempo, it can be done.

But if you want a style that works just like the MIDI styles, but all in audio, you are going to need to take a close look at Ketron Audya's...

OTOH, Roland's new BK-9 allows you to load in up to seven audio grooves (either drums or pitched audio) and they will sync to tempo AND transpose to new keys (but only if you use the Transpose, it still won't follow chord changes).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: