Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA900 vs KORG PA800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ansel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: KORG PA900 vs KORG PA800 Reply with quote

Hey there ..
i was looking for an upgrade for my keyboard.. i love the korg pa series .. its too good and thts why i consider buying it
however
i am really confused as to choose the pa900 or pa800..
am looking for a longterm investment atleast 7 years.. i hear that pa900 is made in china .. is that as problem .., like i hear china models have a problems after few years of usage .. i dont want that to happen ... and could someone tell me whether they are facing any problem after in the long run buyin a korg pa900... since pa800 is made it italy and is of supreme quality.. i really am confused .and its a bit outdated now.. . please help me out
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got make your own decision on this.
If you more concern about where is made, that functionality, you need to check with seller which where is made.
95% of electronic devices is made in china, I hate too, but I live with this.
Pa800 is class lower with styles format, you be not available to play styles from higher Pa. Pa 900 support all formats styles.
I think both is great instruments, Pa800 is newest version of best ever selling Pa80. Smile
Pa900 has more functionality, has already chord sequencer, which is very great feature and many, many more.
Is all depend what you except from your PA.
I understand you looking for long term investment, but who knows, nobody give you 7 years warranty because is not made in china, Italian version can fail too.
Most sellers selling extra 3 years of warranty, maybe you can invest in this, just in case.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
jimsweb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa900 is china made - that doesn't bring down its pro quality or built quality. It's a pro arranger with international standard!

Keep your instrument clean. Also clean it after you use every time - Keep it in a cover - don't keep it exposed all the time -

Above all, start loving your PA 900. It will return the same in no time and you would have your keys alive for many years to come.. Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA900 - absolutely.

From your requirements, why go for a used keyboard (PA800) who's history would be a mystery no matter what you were told?

(I would imagine, although not 100% sure, that many of the PA800's components are from China /Taiwan etc... anyhow)

PA900 gives you better sounds, later technology, all the styles from every Korg arranger if needed etc.... (OH! and a warranty!!)

"PA800 for another 7 years" - that would worry me if I hadn't bought it "new".

Best of luck.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
PA900 - absolutely

On my opinion with the lack of break-button and fill-in-buttons production of Pa900 is to stop until there is a good solution, how to simple trigger individual fills and break without autofill.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
PA900 - absolutely

On my opinion with the lack of break-button and fill-in-buttons production of Pa900 is to stop until there is a good solution, how to simple trigger individual fills and break without autofill.

Pretty simple now. Just turn off Auto-fill then press the desired FILL1, FILL2, FILL3 or FILL4 button at the same time you press the AutoFill button. Works like a charm. Wink

PS. There is a Break button on the PA900. (and the PA600)

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
PA900 - absolutely

Pretty simple now. Just turn off Auto-fill then press the desired FILL1, FILL2, FILL3 or FILL4 button at the same time you press the AutoFill button. Works like a charm. Wink

PS. There is a Break button on the PA900. (and the PA600)

works also on Auto Fill on. Wink
or you can press var button (wanted fill) and then button on var you want to play after fill,
That's give you a same way how is done on Pa800, 2 clicks, choice fill, then choice var,... except pa900 give you 4 fills compare to pa800 2 . Laughing
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion only feature Pa800 has advance on pa900 is:
    2 assignable sliders, instead 1 knob. very useful for control effects in real time.
    Chord scanning option on board.
    Separate buttons for synchro start and synchro stop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: