Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assign Switch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sridharar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Assign Switch Reply with quote

Sorry if this is a repeat. Search on this keyword did not turn up anything.

Is there a way to make Assign Switch (es) behave like a switch -- stay ON until turned off. Rather than being cleared by the next key.

I do hope there is.

If not I do hope that this is a bug and we can get KORG to fix it soon as it will open so many possibilities for doing things dynamically - especially for turning Oscillators ON/OFF in real time; turning portamento, legato ON/Off with different time intervals etc.

Sri.
Yipsiotis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Assign Switch "hold" Reply with quote

Hi.

Had the exact same question...
Found the answer. But it requires an iPad unfortunately Sad
Or if you have any other programmable midi controller

I used my ipad (camera usb converter),
with a program called MIDI Wrench, it shows exactly what midi command each button does when you press it. When you press assignable switch 2 for example you get:
[CC] ch=0 controller=81 value=127
[CC] ch=1 controller=81 value=127
[CC] ch=2 controller=81 value=127
[CC] ch=3 controller=81 value=127

meaning, this is a control change command, you can then use a midi controller program, I use S1MidiTrigger costs a couple of bucks, and program a button to stay on until you press it off. Really useful when you wanna use muted guitar for example..

You can also use sliders, and joystick controllers, it's really handy for anythig.
I made 4 fills buttons as well...

Hope it's understandable...
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Assign Switch Reply with quote

sridharar wrote:

Is there a way to make Assign Switch (es) behave like a switch -- stay ON until turned off. Rather than being cleared by the next key.

I do hope there is.

If not I do hope that this is a bug and we can get KORG to fix it soon as it will open so many possibilities for doing things dynamically - especially for turning Oscillators ON/OFF in real time; turning portamento, legato ON/Off with different time intervals etc.

Sri.

Is not a bug.
Is not perfect design Korg OS.
I don't know if this can be correct with next upgrade, but was be cool to be working as the really reflecting stage of control, all midi control working that way.
Same is apply to Pad Switches, that's should be fix too.
Let's hope Korg team take this as feature user will love and upgrade it.
Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Brian007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the pads did stay active till you pressed them a second time to stop them ?

Brian
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian007 wrote:
I thought the pads did stay active till you pressed them a second time to stop them ?

Brian

Is only sending commend to fire them, if they not set to continuous (loop) you don't need press again.
Here is disadvantage against Tyros .
In Tyros is showing stage of PAD, on, off, missing including blinking if is on standby.
In Korg you have to remember which is on and if is going stop itself or you need press to stop.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Assign Switch Reply with quote

sridharar wrote:

I do hope there is.

Sri.

Many of the functions that you can assign to the programmable switches DO toggle ON-OFF already. You just have to live with the design decisions KORG made as to which functions toggle. Wink

By the way, if there is a DNC assignment that you do not want cleared by the next note played, just press and hold the assignable switch. I think logically and musically it makes more sense for DNC functions to be one-shot rather than toggle.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Assign Switch Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:

Many of the functions that you can assign to the programmable switches DO toggle ON-OFF already. You just have to live with the design decisions KORG made as to which functions toggle. Wink

Assign. Switch is part of STS in Style. you can assign anything from available option from a list, then before you change STS you need : Write current Style Setting... then Style will remember this forever.. (I hope) Smile
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Assign Switch Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:

Assign. Switch is part of STS in Style. you can assign anything from available option from a list, then before you change STS you need : Write current Style Setting... then Style will remember this forever.. (I hope) Smile

Not sure what your words have to do with the quoted text from my post. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Assign Switch Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
Nemik wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:

I just tried to confirm switch is working how suppose to work Wink
I tried to tell is nothing wrong with switches Smile
except they not holding stage .
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Assign Switch Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:
Nemik wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:

I just tried to confirm switch is working how suppose to work Wink
I tried to tell is nothing wrong with switches Smile
except they not holding stage .

OK. Except they do 'hold stage' for many functions --- in other words they toggle on with the first press and toggle off with the second press. An example of a toggled function would be Lower Mute. Other functions (mostly DNC) are momentary --- they are on for the first press or if you press and hold the button. So we can not have a blanket statement that the Assignable Switches do not toggle ... they do, but only for certain functions. My comments were just about the assignable switch functions themselves and the fact that many of those function are toggled with alternate presses of the switch , not about how you save an assignable switch setting to a STS.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: