Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

key noises

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: key noises Reply with quote

On the korg kross 61, when I hit B C together in any octave, I hear a clicking sound that doesn't occur when pressing any other keys. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something that shouldn't be happening, or is that just how korg makes them?
rammstein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just checked mine and i did not encounter that issue. were you referring to the physical keys or the sound from the output? i tried mine while turned off.
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. I was referring to the physical sound of the keys. This happens when I hit B and C together, but not individually.
rammstein

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, nothing of that sort on mine. your unit should still be under warranty, right?
castorex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No similar key noise on mine.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here - no extra noise on B/C presses on mine either. (61 key version)
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it has a warranty. It's weird because this is the second one I've had; the first one guitar center replaced because it sounded like something was rattling on the left side when I hit the higher keys.
Spotnik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recently I started noticing key noise on my 88. It's aannoying and I'll probably have to take it for service (which unfortunately is 80 miles away.) I've seen one thread about this on the Krome forum, and serice reports seem a bit mixed. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any warranty-friendly quick fixes that would at least provide temporary relief.

It might also be helpful to know the underlying cause, if anyone else has had it serviced and learned anything from it.

Thx in advance.
karlbu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already returned one Kross because of the defective keys: some of the keys click when lightly pressed. This happens over time with use. Now my second keyboard is worse than the first one. There are 4-5 keys that make a clicking sound with a light touch.

Not very happy about this. It seems to be a product defect.
turnitoffstudios

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Korg Kross 88 Key issue Reply with quote

I have a key issue with the Kross88. The "A" below middle C feels a tiny bit rickety and clicks when I play it (most of the time). It feels like there is definitely a mechanical issue happening) I've emailed Korg (who apologized but offered no option to pay to have an authorized service center repair it as it is 16 months old. I'm thinking about opening it up and having a look myself but there are few references online about the guts. (how accessible the keybed is/whether the supports are metal or plastic/workflow/ect) Does anyone have any input?

I'm a tad bit irritated as I take good care of my gear and have boards that are much much older that still work great despite thousands of hours of use.

Thanks to you all!

Robert
turnitoffstudios

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Korg Kross 88 Key issue Reply with quote

I have a key issue with the Kross88. The "A" below middle C feels a tiny bit rickety and clicks when I play it (most of the time). It feels like there is definitely a mechanical issue happening) I've emailed Korg (who apologized but offered no option other than to pay to have an authorized service center repair it as it is 16 months old. I'm thinking about opening it up and having a look myself but there are few references online about the guts. (how accessible the keybed is/whether the supports are metal or plastic/workflow/ect) Does anyone have any input?

I'm a tad bit irritated as I take good care of my gear and have boards that are much much older that still work great despite thousands of hours of use.

Thanks to you all!

Robert
karlbu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue I am experiencing with multiple keys. It's a mechanical defect. Let me know if you find any solutions.
adchiapin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a kross 88 last week and the "Ab" from the second octave makes a clicky noise. Like a mechanical problem...it´s a new synth...only 2 weeks of use... very strange...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: