Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fire and Lasers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Photography and Graphic Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Fire and Lasers Reply with quote

A few photos I took last night.

A few friends and I got together last night for some photography at a run down building.

I brought my smoke machine and lasers, we also had some flammable liquids and other materials.

Image 1 of 7

Image 2 of 7

Image 3 of 7

Image 4 of 7

Image 5 of 7

Image 6 of 7

Image 7 of 7

Regards
Sharp.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I really like number 6. Very sharp and defined?

How did you make those big coils of light?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks X-Trade.

Quote:
I really like number 6. Very sharp and defined?

Yeah, we would use bright lights to illuminate an object in order for Auto Focus to lock on. Soon as your locked on, we would slip the camera's into manual mode so that they don't try track the focus in the dark. So you can't really take a photo out of focus.

Quote:
How did you make those big coils of light?

Tie about 4 foot of light rope to a Kitchen Balloon Whisk. Stuff steel wool into the balloon of the whisk, dip it in paint thinners, and put a match to it.

Soon as starts to burn, swing it around and walk around with it. That will give you the coils of light and the sparks that fly all over the place as the steel wool burns and falls out of the whisk.

Exposure time is about 30 seconds so the person swinging the whisk will not be seen as they walk around.

Regards
Sharp.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some pictures out of a moving car at night a few times with a long exposure. It's not quite the same (must less context and much less defined) but these kinds of effects are always interesting. I can't find them right now.

I think the reflections of light on the ground are great too. The way the ground is lit makes it very subtle but it gives the picture some context.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I did some pictures out of a moving car at night a few times with a long exposure. It's not quite the same (must less context and much less defined) but these kinds of effects are always interesting. I can't find them right now.

Yeah, that's a very good effect. One of my favourites.

Quote:
I think the reflections of light on the ground are great too. The way the ground is lit makes it very subtle but it gives the picture some context.

It was actually raining so that made all the difference. With everything wet, it was pretty easy to light the place up. Next time I'm going back over, I'll be better prepared though. I have a RGB light I'd love to use over there.

Cheers
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just mixing the photo of the lasers I took above with my 3D modelling of an Alien.

Image.

Regards
Sharp.
BrennenList

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sharp,

these pics are awesome !!!!!
------
Brennen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Photography and Graphic Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: