Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Electribes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_bj4_pDlg Looks like he's got a few more, too.
Tom 62

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
Did anyone see confirmatuon of 16 individual insert effects?

Yes, see product description on korg.com. Can't wait for the parameter reference manual to see which effects (and waveforms) are included.
Olivander12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
Just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_bj4_pDlg Looks like he's got a few more, too.

Hm, sounds really awfull to me. Like a bad copy of NIN.

Nevertheless, the sounds itself are great, I am wondering if the track is externally processed. If not, that would be very cool.
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping that Korg have released it to a few more people so we can get more examples of what it can sound like before we get our hands on one.
Olivander12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
I'm hoping that Korg have released it to a few more people so we can get more examples of what it can sound like before we get our hands on one.

Did you check out Mistabishi's demo with direct audio feed? He is showing a lof of different drum and synth sounds. I made a playlist with all electribe videos I found: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBEQJWY2R1yHVO0HorhexbpjwJ_9cCcKt
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom 62 wrote:
Hugo wrote:
Did anyone see confirmatuon of 16 individual insert effects?

Yes, see product description on korg.com. Can't wait for the parameter reference manual to see which effects (and waveforms) are included.

Yeah, but I'm always a bit sceptical about such statements, as they don't say explicitly that all insert effect types are available. Maybe there's a limited set of effects that are available, and only one part having access to the whole set?

Keeping my fingers crossed until this is definately confirmed.
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
Did you check out Mistabishi's demo with direct audio feed? He is showing a lof of different drum and synth sounds. I made a playlist with all electribe videos I found: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBEQJWY2R1yHVO0HorhexbpjwJ_9cCcKt

Yes, I did! That was quite informative, too. I'd just like to see and hear a variety of musical styles on it sooner rather than later. I'd like to hear some Kraftwerk-style tunes as well, just for my own purposes. I'm really curious to put it through it's paces for myself, but until then ...

And thanks for doing the compiling!
JohnnyPunkadelik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to everybody. Been lurkin' and reading these forums for a year now (got my EMX then) and finally decided to register.
These new electribes are really really interesting and totally getting my attention. Although here is few things that Makes my head dizzy:

New tribes look too plaint, first thing that comes in my mind is that they look like a controller.

Also, for me, the biggest problem is this 2x8 trigger pad system. I read the 'manual' for EMX2 and noticed that piano keys are laid down as C D E F G A B C x 2 (page 10). Well, how you can reach the sharps notes? I really like old EMX because you are able to play it like piano with all the sharp/flat notes but it seems that new EMX2 lack this possibility. (Edit: forget, i got it.)
Even though you can reach all the notes, including sharps/flats, with different scale, how the hell you can laid them down logically with this 2x8 trigger pad system. I like more 16 pads in a one row.

I just watched youtube link provided couple post earlier where mister Mistabishi is demostrating EMX2 on the stage. Everytime he change pattern, even if it relative to previous one, you can hear a gap in the sound. It sounds like when the new pattern hits in, it resets/cut the previous out coming sound. Anyone else or am I tripping?

And talking about the sounds itself. They sound lil bit 80s. Very Happy

Well anyhow. Interesting indeed and propably im going to get one as soon as they launch it. I really hope they will fix this pattern change sound restarting thing before release.

Cheers, Johnny

Ps. No MIDI-connection without break-out cable *facepalm*
Olivander12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPunkadelik wrote:
H
I just watched youtube link provided couple post earlier where mister Mistabishi is demostrating EMX2 on the stage. Everytime he change pattern, even if it relative to previous one, you can hear a gap in the sound. It sounds like when the new pattern hits in, it resets/cut the previous out coming sound. Anyone else or am I tripping?

Well anyhow. Interesting indeed and propably im going to get one as soon as they launch it. I really hope they will fix this pattern change sound restarting thing before release.

Cheers, Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I also noticed this sound which occurs after the patterns has changed – somebody on youtube said the same in the comment section. Maybe it is because the electribe is still in development and it is going to be fixed.

The midi plugs have been removed since they prevented Korg from building a smaller device, I think it is not too bad, but I understand your anger. The sound may sound a bit flat, but so did the EMX sound (at first) and then people got more and more into it and the sound drastically improved. The sound is probably far better than an EMX.

I am currently not sure about buying the electribe on release, though. I am looking for an even more independent machine than the EMX is, but at the moment, the EMX seems to be superior regarding its stand alone character.
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
JohnnyPunkadelik wrote:
H

Cheers, Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I also noticed this sound which occurs after the patterns has changed – somebody on youtube said the same in the comment section. Maybe it is because the electribe is still in development and it is going to be fixed.

The midi plugs have been removed since they prevented Korg from building a smaller device, I think it is not too bad, but I understand your anger. The sound may sound a bit flat, but so did the EMX sound (at first) and then people got more and more into it and the sound drastically improved. The sound is probably far better than an EMX.

I am currently not sure about buying the electribe on release, though. I am looking for an even more independent machine than the EMX is, but at the moment, the EMX seems to be superior regarding its stand alone character.

This is scary if this is what it seems- It is very late in the day if it is something they are going to fix before release. They cannot sell it like this if it meant to be a live instrument like they are saying- it would be rendered useless.
Now hold on and listen to this though- this is not a new problem by any means- so Korg should be well aware of it- if as I assume they would be keeping tabs on their competitors- namely ROLAND. Do you remember the MC-808? Well believe it or not it had the self same problem- IF this is what is happening- (as did the MC 307 and the MC 909) It was termed the pattern sustain bug and you can read all about it on the Roland Clan forum- (which I used to frequent in another guise- my name was panicmerchant at the time). The upshot- is that ROLAND instead of fixing it continued to maintain that it was part of the actual design and was there on purpose!!!- I kid you not.
Needless to say the MC 808 (ROLANDS most recent groovebox) did not take off and relatively soon went out of production.
I seem to remember discussing it on this forum at some time- I think the sense was that the EMX & ESX tailed of as well and did not fully carry through all the delays/ cymbal crashes etc- but they do a far better job than the MC 808- which stopped everything completely dead before changing to the next pattern. Utterly useless.
If this is happening to the new electribes- it is a truly grim scenario.
Let's hope that it's not- mine will be going straight back-
JohnnyPunkadelik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:
Olivander12 wrote:
JohnnyPunkadelik wrote:

This is something that scares me and put me out from getting new electribe from launch. Need to wait lil bit and see how it turn out to be.

In the end, im really happy with my EMX (also got ESX). More than happy. I even use it to control my Access Virus synths but mostly I ran it out stand alone. And its a rocking like a beast!!!

sorry for slightly offtopic, Johnny
Olivander12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:

This is scary if this is what it seems- It is very late in the day if it is something they are going to fix before release. They cannot sell it like this if it meant to be a live instrument like they are saying- it would be rendered useless.
Now hold on and listen to this though- this is not a new problem by any means- so Korg should be well aware of it- if as I assume they would be keeping tabs on their competitors- namely ROLAND. Do you remember the MC-808? Well believe it or not it had the self same problem- IF this is what is happening- (as did the MC 307 and the MC 909) It was termed the pattern sustain bug and you can read all about it on the Roland Clan forum- (which I used to frequent in another guise- my name was panicmerchant at the time). The upshot- is that ROLAND instead of fixing it continued to maintain that it was part of the actual design and was there on purpose!!!- I kid you not.
Needless to say the MC 808 (ROLANDS most recent groovebox) did not take off and relatively soon went out of production.
I seem to remember discussing it on this forum at some time- I think the sense was that the EMX & ESX tailed of as well and did not fully carry through all the delays/ cymbal crashes etc- but they do a far better job than the MC 808- which stopped everything completely dead before changing to the next pattern. Utterly useless.
If this is happening to the new electribes- it is a truly grim scenario.
Let's hope that it's not- mine will be going straight back-

I have currently no access to an EMX, but maybe the pattern ends abruptly when there is another instrument on the part which has a long release. For example, a cymbal on 4.16 is killed when there is a kick drum on 1.1. of the following. This, indeed, is nothing to complain about and might be the case with some of mistabishis pattern. Maybe there is just another synth sound on the same part of the following pattern which may result in an sudden end of a sound.
Buska

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news guys, I was just reading through the YouTube comments from the beta tester who made those 4 tracks that are currently on YouTube.

He was saying that there is only ONE editable parameter per synth preset!

So looks as if the new electribe is going to be a preset box with no sound design capability really.. Couple this with the note cut at pattern change and this is looking a lot less exciting Sad

I might still get the sampler version but I'm cancelling my preorder for the emx2
Tom 62

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buska wrote:

So looks as if the new electribe is going to be a preset box with no sound design capability really.

I think he means one editable parameter per oscillator model (beside of the Pitch/Glide knob). If I understand the informations on korg.com correctly, they will offer some kind of macros for the different oscillator models and/or modulation scenarios. This may, but need not be that bad. Time will tell. As soon as the parameter guide is online we will know more Rolling Eyes
TechnoMusic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom 62 wrote:
Buska wrote:

So looks as if the new electribe is going to be a preset box with no sound design capability really.

I think he means one editable parameter per oscillator model (beside of the Pitch/Glide knob). If I understand the informations on korg.com correctly, they will offer some kind of macros for the different oscillator models and/or modulation scenarios. This may, but need not be that bad. Time will tell. As soon as the parameter guide is online we will know more Rolling Eyes

Yes that was my understanding, there are hundreds of osc models and each one has a modable parameter such as osc mix, detune, FM amount, pulsewidth or wherever which is appropriate to the osc type. Couple that with multiple filter types and insert FX per voice as well as global chaos pad type FX and you end up with a pretty deep & quick editability with a lot of performance options. For less than £350 I think its a great deal and could easily become the core of a live midi setup.

EDIT: One other thing to note of course is that it is 16 different voices per pattern so ther is no reason whatsoever to not for example have 3 different synth voices playing back the same riff layered and have each ones parameters changing in subtly different ways for a much deeper sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 9 of 62

Jump to: