Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA 900 or PA3XLE, Which one to upgrade from PA800
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshkanPA800

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: PA 900 or PA3XLE, Which one to upgrade from PA800 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me make the right decision as i am about to upgrade my PA800 but i am in two minds between PA 900 and PA3XLE!!

It is said that PA900 is very low in quality comparing to PA800, in terms of Speakers, Keys, Body, ... but PA3XLE is even better than PA800 but it is more expensive than PA900 and PA 800

I am a home user, playing just keyboard not Piano, not familiar with sampling,... at all

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Cheers
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: PA 900 or PA3XLE, Which one to upgrade from PA800 Reply with quote

AshkanPA800 wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help me make the right decision as i am about to upgrade my PA800 but i am in two minds between PA 900 and PA3XLE!!

It is said that PA900 is very low in quality comparing to PA800, in terms of Speakers, Keys, Body, ... but PA3XLE is even better than PA800 but it is more expensive than PA900 and PA 800

I am a home user, playing just keyboard not Piano, not familiar with sampling,... at all

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Cheers

Given your requirements I would suggest you look at the PA600 first.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: PA 900 or PA3XLE, Which one to upgrade from PA800 Reply with quote

AshkanPA800 wrote:
.. help me make the right decision as i am about to upgrade my PA800 ..

if you used to modulate your pa800-sound with aftertouch, then pa600 without aftertouch is not a good choice for you - in that case i would prefer Pa900.

if you used Pa800-styleplaying with fingered3-mode, to play single-notes with Lower or if you often used different Pa800-Fill-Modes and individual Fill-Ins, then Pa900 and Pa3Xle without fingered3-mode and without selectable Fill-Modes is not a good choice for you - in that case i would prefer not to upgrade your Pa800.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're happy with your PA800, stick to it! (I do!) Cool

If you desperately need the new style compatibality, for home use, and to save some money, I would suggest you to go for a new PA900.

PA3X LE is equiped with almost the same functionalities, but is a lot more expensive and has no built-in speakers.
You have to buy the (expensive) PaAS speaker system with it or invest in another PA installation.

PA3X LE maybe has a better keybed and is better built, but this comes with a (high) price tag.

If the money isn't a problem... maybe PA3X LE or even PA3X.

Always take your time to play on the instruments before you decide.
I played PA900 a while ago, and it kept me from buying it.
When I returned to my home and started playing my PA800, I decided NOT to trade.
It sounds so good and feels like a tank.

I will probably wait for one of the next successors (PA4X or one of its derivates).
I think my PA800 will not be outdated in the coming 2 or 3 years.
But you never know, really. I do miss the newest free styles available out there...

Play in style. Wink
NICKY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:

If you desperately need the new style compatibality, for home use, and to save some money, I would suggest you to go for a new PA900.

PA3X LE is equiped with almost the same functionalities, but is a lot more expensive and has no built-in speakers.
You have to buy the (expensive) PaAS speaker system with it or invest in another PA installation.

PA3X LE maybe has a better keybed and is better built, but this comes with a (high) price tag.

When I returned to my home and started playing my PA800, I decided NOT to trade.

I will probably wait for one of the next successors (PA4X or one of its derivates).
But you never know, really. I do miss the newest free styles available out there...

thanks for great replying Fransman
I will wait for one of the next successors too
I think korg was great in design and hardware quality in past.
unfortunately today there is no good keyboard (61-key with build in speaker ) acceptable in hardware.
and this is a bad news after 7-8 years still a lot of user of pa800 don't want to upgrade their pa800 to pa900.

I don't like to migrate to another brands.but I want from korg to release a good keyboard for users and stop confusing cutomers for buying this version of keyborad(61-Key ,build in speaker,acceptable in hardware like pa800)

best regard
AshkanPA800

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICKY wrote:
Fransman wrote:

thanks for great replying Fransman
I will wait for one of the next successors too
I think korg was great in design and hardware quality in past.
unfortunately today there is no good keyboard (61-key with build in speaker ) acceptable in hardware.
and this is a bad news after 7-8 years still a lot of user of pa800 don't want to upgrade their pa800 to pa900.

I don't like to migrate to another brands.but I want from korg to release a good keyboard for users and stop confusing cutomers for buying this version of keyborad(61-Key ,build in speaker,acceptable in hardware like pa800)

best regard

Hi all i went and played with both PA900 and PA3Xle , i found PA900 very poor in quality specially invterms of keys comparing with PA800

I also have to buy a speaker called PAAS as PA3Xle does not come with in-built speaker

I am sick of my PA800 although it is like a tank comparing with PA900

I need a change but PA900 did not push me to sell PA800
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you actually start to learn the features of your keyboard and how to program styles and how to edit sounds, you will gradually begin to realise that the constant desire to "upgrade ", becomes less and less as your famiarity with your keyboard increases . good luck with whatever you by 😀
Snorkum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth, you are correct in your statement. I think the same, poeple should get more familiar with the features and capability of their equipment. They might would change. I don't understand by poeple have such a negative opinion about the PA900. I understand that everything is personal preference. However, understanding the keyboard and how to play certain parts is a key. That's where your statement come in to play. Everytime I play in front of people they are amazed the sound that's coming out and the realism of various instruments.
Always remember, software and electronic can only do so much, after that it is your capabilities.
Just a little opinion of a very basic/humbled keyboard player.

Last edited by Snorkum on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
jimsweb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 snorkum
Brian007

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 snorkum
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorkum wrote:
people should get more familiar with the features and capability of their equipment. They might would change. I don't understand by poeple have such a negative opinion about the PA900. I understand that everything is personal preference. However, understanding the keyboard and how to play certain parts is a key. That's where your statement come in to play. Everytime I play in front of people they are amazed the sound that's coming out and the realism of various instruments.
Always remember, software and electronic can only do so much, after that it is your capabilities.

You're absolutely right. The same goes for PA800; you and your crowd would probably be amazed by the sound of it as well. Smile
I'm not negative about PA900 soundwise, styles, features etcetera, but compared toPA800, it's not as good built quality, especially the keybed and amplification system.
That's not a matter of personal taste, it's something you can easily judge when you play on both instruments.
And I'm not the only person who has this opinion, reading some of the previous postings in this thread and elsewhere.

If I needed to spend the money (say: my PA800 broke down; I really don't hope so!), I would probably invest in a PA3XLE with a separate PA system (Not PAas).
I think that if I would buy a PA900, I would get the feeling that I did a step backwards compared to PA800.

Play in style. Wink
AshkanPA800

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
Snorkum wrote:
people should get more familiar with the features and capability of their equipment. They might would change. I don't understand by poeple have such a negative opinion about the PA900. I understand that everything is personal preference. However, understanding the keyboard and how to play certain parts is a key. That's where your statement come in to play. Everytime I play in front of people they are amazed the sound that's coming out and the realism of various instruments.

You're absolutely right. The same goes for PA800; you and your crowd would probably be amazed by the sound of it as well. Smile
I'm not negative about PA900 soundwise, styles, features etcetera, but compared toPA800, it's not as good built quality, especially the keybed and amplification system.
That's not a matter of personal taste, it's something you can easily judge when you play on both instruments.
And I'm not the only person who has this opinion, reading some of the previous postings in this thread and elsewhere.

If I needed to spend the money (say: my PA800 broke down; I really don't hope so!), I would probably invest in a PA3XLE with a separate PA system (Not PAas).
I think that if I would buy a PA900, I would get the feeling that I did a step backwards compared to PA800.

Hi can u plz advise what PA system would you choose instead of PAas?
Fransman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshkanPA800 wrote:

Hi can u plz advise what PA system would you choose instead of PAas?

I can't, I'm sorry, I haven't investigated this yet.
Maybe somebody else here at Korgforums can give you some advice.
I think it's better to start a new thread for this.

Play in style. Wink
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are just a home user, any decent stereo system has a good chance of outperforming the expensive PAAS system... plus it doubles as your stereo!

On the whole, I think the move to the newer Korg's is a good move. The number of fills ballooned with the new generation of Korg arrangers, and tends to address the major fault I used to feel about them... somewhat 'jumpy' transitions. Not to mention DNC voices, better Guitar Mode, a whole plethora of things have improved compared to the PA800.

And don't discount the Chord Sequencer... probably one of the most fun things to get added to Korg's OS in years! Think of it as a third hand.. Cool
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could save the CS recordings for future use, like Roland.
DonM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: