Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

line in barely audible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dissentric

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: line in barely audible? Reply with quote

Just bought an ms off of craigslist. I feel like an idiot asking this,but I've never had this problem w another sampler,worried something might be wrong. I've been trying to sample directly from my tablet (headphone jack)via y adapter through RCA's & 2 stereo rca/quarter inch adapters. Even w gain & sample level dB's turned to max,the signal is barely audible when I press far right key or sampling button. No reading at all on peak meter. Same thing when I try to sample directly from a desktop speaker out. These are the only sound source options I have at the moment,& I've never had a problem w either using samplers like an sp404,sampletrak, asr,etc. Do I need to run signal through an amp first like a mixer or stereo receiver w the ms? Could it be my connections,or could the unit just be deffective? I would really appreciate it a lot if someone could take a second to help me out,thanks,I'm really excited about the ms & itching to experiment w it.
Telengard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a little switch next to the input on the back that switches between line-in and mic, I believe. Switch it to the other setting and try it. Make sure you turn down your volume settings first.
dissentric

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea its definitely switched to line already. Thanks though. Could it be that I'm using stereo quarter inch adapters for the RCA's? Do they need to be mono?
jiggityj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adapters shouldn't matter unless they are bad. I've used the same adapters. I think I had problems with line-level sources not being loud enough also. You might want to get a mixer. I've been using a 4ch little nady mixer that works pretty good for 30bux(9v ac plug sold separate)
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Try a Mic Reply with quote

One thing to check, is the level ok if you try a mic.
dissentric

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it was the rca to stereo adapter i got at radio shack. Stereo 8th to dual mono 1/4 cable from guitar center,problem solved...line in now loud as it could possibly need to be,definitely no need for amp or mixer. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: