Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi thru to midi out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richkeys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Midi thru to midi out Reply with quote

Is it possible to duplicate the midi out to midi thru, so in effect there are tw midi outs?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so.

Thru is intended to pass along incoming MIDI, from a sequencer for example, thru the Triton to a 3rd device. Out is for MIDI signals generated by Triton's own internal controllers.

I know of some gear (i.e., E-mu command station) that has the capability to re-purpose the MIDI thru to another out, but not Korg (at least not Triton).

You may be able to find a black box type solution [MIDI splitter] that will take one MIDI OUT and give you multiple (duplicate) outs - for sure there are MIDI patch bays that can do this, albeit for a bit more cash, and even route separate MIDI (OUT) channels to several pieces of gear.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: