Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinion on Korg Trition LE 76?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morphium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Opinion on Korg Trition LE 76? Reply with quote

I'm planning on acquiring a Triton LE 76 off somebody on an online classifieds website in my area. Very reasonable price, however I've never had anything past a digital piano and standard pianos before (played keyboards and synths but never owned any so I do not know which I was using, plus it was years back). I've finally decided to purchase one. I'm not positive what my price range really is, because it depends what's available nearby and what will be more worth it. If it makes more sense to spend more on a new item, I will. But right now I am eyeing a Triton LE 76 that looks quite useful for my purposes. I plan to just switch from a standard piano to something I can have more depth with. I'm bored with piano, I've run out of things to try and things to do and ways to change my music. There's nothing to do and I just want something I can do more with. I really love the sound of synth too and you do not have that with a normal piano. I don't need anything overly fancy but I do not want to waste money and have to upgrade later on. I want something that will be decent for years to come. I hate replacing things, I would rather spend more now than have to sell and replace later. And so, I am wondering if anyone could tell me their opinion on the Triton LE 76 in comparison to other Korg keyboard/synth workshops? I am visiting a local music shop tomorrow to ask their opinion, but I know they will probably try to lead me to the newest Korg available to make money. So I would just like to get opinions from actual users so I can make an informed decision.
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a hard one to answer as only your goodself knows what depths you want to take the keyboard. Its a good keyboard with loads of Korg sounds (the same as its bigger brothers) but as its the LE it is a cheaper version and thus has some limitations, only two assignable effects I believe rather than the many (8 at a guess) that the bigger boys have. It also does not have the touchscreen instead a very small screen that is button manipulated.
That saying, in its heyday it was used in quite a few bands (and probably still is), if you are happy with playing the keyboard with the presets just tweaking the knobs and sliders you will have loads of fun. If you want to plummet its depths and start to build your own sounds, then the teeny screen may become a burden. Also remember this is an old Keyboard so if you want to expand and connect to other devices, the sample board may be hard to find and it will want to connect to SCSI devices that are also rare these days, however if you want to use it via MIDI then that works a treat
good luck
Steve V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: