Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Styles for arranger? For specific song - help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
touch_master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Styles for arranger? For specific song - help? Reply with quote

Hello.

Where can I find for free or to buy high quaility, really great styles for specific songs... for example I want style for one song and then different style for another song that is in the same genre, but I dont want to use the same previous style on korg?

I want style to almost, almost sounds like real song, original song, and not style patern... if you understand me.

Thank you!
Brian007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always a problem to really good styles for specific songs.
To be honest the the best way is to try and find someone who's willing to create them for you if you don't feel up to the job, or look for some for another keyboard like say the tyros and get them converted to suit you keyboard.

Brian
touch_master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks.

Anyone know where to find styles for specific songs?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

touch_master wrote:
Ok, thanks.

Anyone know where to find styles for specific songs?

what song you got in mind ? Cool
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
touch_master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was thinking about Moloko songs, sing it back, Duran Duran ordinary world,come undun, fly me to the moon, girl from ipanema, and stuff like that... ?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

touch_master wrote:
Well I was thinking about Moloko songs, sing it back, Duran Duran ordinary world,come undun, fly me to the moon, girl from ipanema, and stuff like that... ?

I know somebody maybe can help you with this.
Make list: Band - Song and sent me PM, then I see what how we can help.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want them to sound like the originals you should perhaps consider midi files. There's lots of free ones available from places like here:
http://www.vanbasco.com/
and many of them have lyrics as well.
You can mute one of the main tracks so you can play along and you can usually re-mix it to make it sound a lot better as well.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
If you want them to sound like the originals you should perhaps consider midi files. There's lots of free ones available from places like here:
http://www.vanbasco.com/
and many of them have lyrics as well.
You can mute one of the main tracks so you can play along and you can usually re-mix it to make it sound a lot better as well.

Playing along with Midi files is solution, but is more like play with playback support Smile
You can play along with mp3 files too.
but Style give you to power of control, satisfaction of performance.
In my opinion midi is very good for learning to play, but performance should be play using style.
Isn't what arranger for ? Laughing
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
In my opinion midi is very good for learning to play, but performance should be play using style.
Isn't what arranger for ?

A good question Nemik but I think my answer maybe somewhat different to others...

I think MIDI/audio backing is perfect when you want to cover a song authentically i.e. as the original.
Styles are not designed for that but can certainly "emulate" the feel of a song and maybe great "INTRO/ENDING" etc.
When you look at a typical song there are usually several groove variations (drum patterns), verses, choruses, bridge, accents, breaks etc..etc.. - almost impossible to emulate in a single style.

Although Korg PA series style structure is by far the most flexible and configurable (far more so than any other arranger), you can sometimes come close if the song structure is not too changeable.

Personally I perform mostly with styles and like to use my own arrangements of songs.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Nemik wrote:
Isn't what arranger for ?

A good question Nemik but I think my answer maybe somewhat different to others...

I think MIDI/audio backing is perfect when you want to cover a song authentically i.e. as the original.
Styles are not designed for that but can certainly "emulate" the feel of a song and maybe great "INTRO/ENDING" etc.
When you look at a typical song there are usually several groove variations (drum patterns), verses, choruses, bridge, accents, breaks etc..etc.. - almost impossible to emulate in a single style.

Although Korg PA series style structure is by far the most flexible and configurable (far more so than any other arranger), you can sometimes come close if the song structure is not too changeable.

Personally I perform mostly with styles and like to use my own arrangements of songs.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

You right. Smile
good MIDI often is better that style, in style is not possible fire crash after fill on beginning of Variation, ...unless you save perm. in Variation.

I do trick in variation: clone variation from CV 1 to CV 3, add crash and assign CV 3 to Chord C (add9), but then is tricky to play Razz
filipe_l

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this

https://soundcloud.com/filipe-louren-o
touch_master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you all so much. I was sick so I didnt use internet.

Can you tell me this, please:

I understand now arranger, but, what do you think and can you explain me about music workstations?

Im looking and saving money to buy keyboard but I didnt decided what to buy, arranger or music workstation?

I tryed Yamaha moXF 6 and keys are very comfortable.

How can you make song on music workstation?

How to make intros, begining, fill ins and ending?

Is it posible to make on keyboard or you must use computer program, and if you use and make one song, can you turn off some parts on keyboard if you have sax or violin present? Is that midi file to, so you must made complete song in midi file?
korgpask

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Styles for arranger? For specific song - help? Reply with quote

Hello, I know you produce style as song so I send either midi or song name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: