Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You can't change your own tube/valve, huh?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ignatius_Gerumpany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: You can't change your own tube/valve, huh? Reply with quote

So my beloved SV-1 went black on me in the middle of a tune at rehearsal yesterday. We speculated it was the tube. I was sure that you just pop it out and replace. Alas, no.

So, a couple of questions: I have seen some folks say that you should be able to run the board without the tube if you don't have the amp sim on. Well, no dice for me. I don't use the amp sim much, anyway (I was playing an acoustic piano.) And the whole thing is dead as a door nail.

Will my friendly local service person do this? How much should I expect to spend? Might it be something besides the tube?

If the warranty is out anyway, have any of you figured out how to change out the tube? I understand some kind of calibration is needed afterward. What is up with that?

Yours in sorrow and frustration,
Ignatius
i_am_binky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think that's the tube; probably should get your SV1 checked out by the local tech... or you could contact Korg and see what they say.
Ignatius_Gerumpany

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Binky Reply with quote

Will do.
Ignatius_Gerumpany

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Well, shut my mouth Reply with quote

Turned out to be the humble power plug.

And to file under the Category of Who Knew? - You can buy an adapter that allows you to use any extension chord for the unit - costs about $5 US. The faulty plug has been annoyingly short in many venues, and this solves that problem.

Lovely to have my SV-1 back. If it will still run without the tube - should it fail - that will not be an issue for me, as I rarely use the amp sim, and even more rarely the overdrive feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: