Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akai EIE PRO Any good for Kronos to cubase etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Akai EIE PRO Any good for Kronos to cubase etc Reply with quote

http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/akai-eie-pro-24bit96khz-recording-interface.ir

Hello

I've had an internal emu 0404 card now for about 10 years (more I think) and wanted to upgrade to an external audio device to connect Korg kronos and triton studio to mypc/laptop and cubase. Will this akai EIE PRO be suitable? Or is it aimed at guitarist and vocalist etc? Or maybe someone could recommend a device to use with two keyboards for sub £200

Tony

JOHN 3:16
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real negative thing I would say about it is that the current AKAI ASIO driver has an issue that's limited to a very specific situation. If your PC is running Win8.1 and you have ASIO4ALL also installed for the times you need an ASIO driver when your not using your AKAI EIE Pro, the AKAI ASIO driver will crash windows hard into a complete blue screen of death.

Uninstalling ASIO4ALL prevents this from happening, but being that the problem is an AKAI created one, they need to fix their own driver. This is a known issue others have reported on forums, so AKAI are aware of it.

Other than that one issue, the AKAI EIE Pro is a great interface. Very clean sound with a very low noise floor.

Regards
Sharp.
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sharp. I'm on windows 7 mind you.

Do you mean asio4all "installed" on your actual computer, or when it is active in Cubase etc?(or running in background/task manager, in which I would be ab, etc to "kill" asio4all for the current session etc)? If it's okay otherwise I may still consider this.

Tony

JOHN 3:16

Last edited by AnthonyB on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend against using ASIO4ALL in general, it's known to be the cause of many problems and interferes with other drivers even when they're not installed. I wouldn't call this an AKAI problem. Unless you for some reason really need it, stay away.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthony.

Quote:
Do you mean asio4all "installed" on your actual computer, or when it is active in Cubase etc?(

It will happen when you run Cubase or any Audio app that will try to load the AKAI ASIO Driver, if you have ASIO4ALL also installed (which will not be in use at this point) and your on Win 8.1.

If you are not on Win8.1 and you don't have ASIO4ALL, then chances are you will never have a problem.

The only reason I found this an issue in the first place is that there are times I want to use my EIE with my Laptop, and times I don't. So I need to hop between the AKAI ASIO driver and ASIO4ALL.

Seems I'm far from alone on that need too as there's been quite some discussions about this on other forums.

If you must have ASIO4ALL installed, I would imaging killing it in the task manager before launching the AKAI ASIO driver would probably avoid the issue too. Can't say for sure though as I've never tried it.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: