Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tune your KRONOS to 432hz
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Tune your KRONOS to 432hz Reply with quote

Hi all.
I came across this video. Have a look

Some very good reading on this here too from a few years back.
http://lazytechguys.com/commentary/a-small-but-significant-controversy-in-music

I found this very interesting considering how mathematically perfect nature is.

Regards
Sharp.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting Sharp.

A lot of healing and meditative music is tuned to 432hz. So that speaks volumes for the theory/ fact.

431.94 is the closest I can tune my Kronos Anxious
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's so much misinformation and pseudo-scientific speculation in the video and website the Sharp posted that I don't know were to start...look at the Wikipedia article on "Concert pitch" if you want to get some accurate information on the subject...

df
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfahrner wrote:
There's so much misinformation and pseudo-scientific speculation in the video and website the Sharp posted that I don't know were to start...look at the Wikipedia article on "Concert pitch" if you want to get some accurate information on the subject...

df

What Sharp posted was really interesting.
Its an interesting thought on pitch and and musical theory. I also like the mystery and nature side to it. Accuracy is boring. We all see and hear things through our own experience.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say it, and certainly not aimed at Sharp or runningman.

But this looks like an incredible load of esoteric nonsense to me. Even the video alone is one big sausage of unclear assumptions and claims, not speaking of the whole site.

This all just doesn't sound plausible to me, opposed to spiritual and nature contexts in other cases.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bottom line is, does it make any difference when it comes to enjoying your music. Very probably not, but it's a theory and I like learning stuff.
Will I detune my Kronos? nah. Very Happy
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They lost my professional interest after the first sentence. Pretty much every major orchestra has its own tuning.

Almost every single sentence is factually wrong or a gross oversimplification to make an argument.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 432Hz tuning fallacy is complete and utter nonsense.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=432+hz+myth&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=432+hz+debunk&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

etc.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha I enjoyed reading some of those, thanks, Dan.

Sorry to sound so harsh, Sharp. It's just not for me I guess.
traveler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've changed it, dude...

The ancients... Everything was aligned, dude. Cool
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... A Crash and Burn thread huh?

Being the persistent person I am..... here goes.

There is a natural order of Maths in Nature that is breathtakingly awesome and infinitely beyond just coincidence. Certainly nothing that can be simply dismisses as nonsense from a simple Google search. In fact you will find that Math's in nature is used all the time in science to try find understanding. It's actually a core part of it's foundation.

If we limited this view point to just 432Hz for a moment with Raito's, you can quickly apply 432Hz to the world around us.

For example, the diameter of our Sun is 865,000 miles. Drop the 000 and you have “432hz” X 2 = 865

The diameter of our Moon is 2160 Miles. Again as above, drop the 0 and you have “432Kz” / 2 = 216

A Year is a measurement of how long it takes our earth to rotate around the Sun. Take that scale and the “Precession of the Equinoxes” which is a measurement of how long it takes Earth to pass through one complete cycle of the Constellations. This happens every 25,920 years like clock work.

60 X “432Khz” = 25,920

There is most certainly something to all this alignment and perfect resonance frequencies from both Math's written down on paper, and visually as sand vibrates on a metal plate being bowed and forms complex geometric shapes found all around us in nature.

Regards
Sharp.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

There is a natural order of Maths in Nature that is breathtakingly awesome and infinitely beyond just coincidence. Certainly nothing that can be simply dismisses as nonsense from a simple Google search. In fact you will find that Math's in nature is used all the time in science to try find understanding. It's actually a core part of it's foundation.

Sure - but it seems like this argument about 432 Hz confuses math (which is a science) and numerology (which is a superstition). All of the points made about the diameter of the sun etc. are the latter.

Look through those Google searches. This stuff about 432 being somehow magical is a myth, plain and simple.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the majority of the world uses meter as a reference (and actually, the whole of math uses it, since it's an SI base unit), not feet or miles Wink

Also, sun's diameter is not fixed, it is going to change over time as hydrogen reserves deplete, first it's going to increase, then it's going to cool off to a white dwarf not much larger than Earth.

That video is just a lot of mumbo-jumbo for no good purpose really.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan.
The argument can work both ways. I could for example say that all science is totally superstitious because it totally contradictions itself by us simply existing.

The conservation of energy. You cannot create something from nothing, so therefore we shouldn't exist and neither should the universe or any of the laws that governs it.

The mere fact it does all exist and there are laws that govern everything with perfect balance demonstrates clear enough reason not to place all your trust in science and that one should not dismiss other methods of observations.

If you do look at other methods of observation like parts of numerology as you would expect one to only accept parts of science, the mathematically constancy is as accurate as what we see in modern day science.

Take the Mayan Calendar for example. They calculated Galactic Alignment and the Zodiac. It wasn't until we had the Hubble Telescope was science able to verify the Mayan Calendar as 100% accurate.

According to Hubble, the Mayan count is right. It does take 25,920 years for earth's oscillation to pass though the centre of our milk way galaxy. 25,920 years is 60 X 432 Hz and with a ratio, this is found throughout all things that vibrate.

Even the Great Pyramid of Giza has massive chambers built to resonate at 432Hz and these people just loved aligning things with the stars and sun with uncanny accuracy.

Just saying, there's more to all this than meets the eye. I think we as modern man have lost a lot of knowledge. Our own History even proves the most powerful people on the planet all believed in things other than science. Probably a bad example because he was a mad man, but even Hitler spent an obscene amount of time searching Europe for artefacts from the accent times. Both religious in nature and otherworldly according to historians.

Regards
Sharp
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where you're wrong. Science is not superstition. It has exact methods which are there to question everything and anything out there. If there weren't for science we'd still be held back in the dark ages. We wouldn't have any of the technology we have today. No synthesizers! Imagine that!

Instead of wasting time with stupid numerology blabber (seriously, if you try hard enough, you will find patterns anywhere, it's the way human brain simply is since it loves patterns, it feels helpless when there aren't any, so it tries its best to find them), you should probably do yourself some good and watch the Cosmos series by Carl Sagan, and later Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Smile

Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: