Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NanoKontrol - Saving a mapping set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Famous Beagle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: NanoKontrol - Saving a mapping set Reply with quote

Hi,

I got a NanoKontrol (version 1) a few months ago and didn't have a lot of time to really dig into it. I found online a "key map" that someone had created for use with Reaper (which I use), and so, by following the instructions on that thread, I was able to install it and get it up and running nicely. It was set up as follows:

SCENE 1: tracks 1-9 with volume, pan, solo/mute
SCENE 2: tracks 11-19 with volume, pan, solo/mute
SCENE 3: tracks 21-29 with volume, pan, solo/mute
SCENE 4: tracks 31-39 with volume, pan, solo/mute

With blank tracks 10, 20, and 30, this setup works really well.

However, I realized that I never use that many tracks. In fact, I rarely use more than 15. So SCENES 3 and 4 were just wasted for me.

So I read up a bit in the Reaper manual and was able to assign the buttons, knobs, and faders of SCENES 3 and 4 to other functions, such as toggling the arming of tracks for recording, viewing the currently selected track's FX window or I/O windows, moving through the selected tracks, etc.

I really love this, as it's gotten me off the mouse much more, which is always a good thing IMO.

So what I'm wondering is how to save this key map so that I'll easily be able to install it again if something ever happens or share it with other Reaper users if they'd like, etc.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Famous Beagle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind ... I figured it out.

This thing is absolutely killer. I'm going to be getting either another one of these or a NanoPad (depends on whether or not I'd be able to find uses for all the faders/knobs as opposed to just buttons) to map lots of other mouse-negating features. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: