Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tune your KRONOS to 432hz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always tune sharp left to my own ears so this 432 stuff must be wrong Smile
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danextgen wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
Sorry, Sharp. Popular stress therapy in Western science also involves trying to relieve pressure from work or whatever and trying to make time for yourself. There is no scientific basis for acupuncture at all. Moreover, it is based on ancient (pre-scientific) Chinese philosophy. Hypothesis, testing and analysis doesn't come into it. That's why it's still considered alternative medicine. More power to you if it helps you, but it's not the right analogy to convince us.

It's still considered alternative medicine because like all "alternative medicines" it's not commercially viable in the sense that it doesn't require people to take extra chemical medicine. No chemicals, no profit.

It's incredible the number of blind, close minded and spiritually dormant people in here.

Sharp, you're right. Modern people are psychologically very inferior compared to ancient people, precisely because they were in a awareness level that is rare nowadays. They connected mentally and spiritually and that is all about our inner frequency.

The 432hz tuning subject is really interesting and people (especially musicians in this case) should wake up and just stop being blind science herd and start FEELING more.

Right, there is no money in alternative medicine. Deepak Chopra is not a multi-millionaire from his woo woo. Dormant and inferior? Really nice.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I have quite enjoyed this thread! I was trying to have a little fun, with my post, and meant no disrespect. My mind is open to many possibilities. Have a good day, everyone!

Beer Very Happy
danielkinney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: 432 Hz Reply with quote

One guy on YouTube said to just go -32. he is on youtube i will post his address. He is using a YAMAHA KEYBOARD but i do not know if he is positive about it. can anyone VERIFY what he does and let me know if he is right or wrong please? thanks
DANIEL KINNEY

https://youtu.be/2lsYGG2-Lls
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's clearly been plenty of debate. Try making/listening to music played at different pitches yourself and report back.

I have spent some time in the past making comparisons, and cannot say one way or the other, which is better, 432 or 440Hz. Provided the relative pitches are the same, there seems to be no difference, to my ears, mind, and body, at least. If the difference was clear, I think I would have no problem being able to say so.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was interesting (not to mention entertaining) to re-read this thread after several years...one thing Sharp had right, though: "For me, science simply doesn't answer any of the real interesting questions in life..."

df
ITguy54

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
lol... A Crash and Burn thread huh?

Being the persistent person I am..... here goes.

There is a natural order of Maths in Nature that is breathtakingly awesome and infinitely beyond just coincidence. Certainly nothing that can be simply dismisses as nonsense from a simple Google search. In fact you will find that Math's in nature is used all the time in science to try find understanding. It's actually a core part of it's foundation.

If we limited this view point to just 432Hz for a moment with Raito's, you can quickly apply 432Hz to the world around us.

For example, the diameter of our Sun is 865,000 miles. Drop the 000 and you have “432hz” X 2 = 865

The diameter of our Moon is 2160 Miles. Again as above, drop the 0 and you have “432Kz” / 2 = 216

A Year is a measurement of how long it takes our earth to rotate around the Sun. Take that scale and the “Precession of the Equinoxes” which is a measurement of how long it takes Earth to pass through one complete cycle of the Constellations. This happens every 25,920 years like clock work.

60 X “432Khz” = 25,920

There is most certainly something to all this alignment and perfect resonance frequencies from both Math's written down on paper, and visually as sand vibrates on a metal plate being bowed and forms complex geometric shapes found all around us in nature.

Regards
Sharp.

At least two things wrong with the above. One is logical, the other is scientific fact. According to Space.com, the sun’s diameter is 932,057 miles. That’s the science part. The logical part is that there is nothing mystical about measurements in miles. What about kilometers? What about sone other standard of measuring distance?

If you are going to drop the pitch of your Kronos from 440 to 432, you should change your name from “Sharp” to “Flat”.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At least two things wrong with the above.

Try Google. It says otherwise.

Regards
Sharp.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory, A at 432 Hz will only give more whole numbers in just intonation, and not for all keys of course. But in practice, on any real acoustic piano, forget about whole numbers for almost every note, since inharmonicity (iH) and other factors come in the equation.

I tune my own piano at home and lowering any acoustic piano to 432 Hz would make it sound way too dull and muffled, unless one would change all the strings for a custom designed set - something very expensive.

It's of course an interesting thing - tunings and the history of standards about it. I created my own unequal temperament in the 90s using a Kurzweil instrument and continue to use it to this day, for both my acoustic and digital instruments. It is now in the Kronos as well and I use it for most sounds, as I am so used to it now. I can't stand ET (equal temperament), especially for classical piano repertoire. Great Masters like Beethoven, Chopin and Schubert didn't use ET nor 440 Hz as the A pitch reference. Cool
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you're a believer or non-believer you can't dispute the particle vibration experiments (some on youtube).
So if those frequency vibrations are real then those vibrations affect us for sure.

This is an interesting topic.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
“432hz” X 2 = 865

Seeing an integer multiplied by an even integer yield an odd number is like a soldering iron to the eye.

karmathanever wrote:
Whether you're a believer or non-believer you can't dispute the particle vibration experiments (some on youtube).
So if those frequency vibrations are real then those vibrations affect us for sure.

This is an interesting topic.

Pete Very Happy

No magic here. This is what the standing waves would look like in your music room if you could see sound. You can hear it, though! Also, the frequency is only one variable. The shape and dimensions of the room (or in this case, a plate) is what creates the particular interference patterns in that room. That's why each studio has to have different acoustic treatment.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Quote:
At least two things wrong with the above.

Try Google. It says otherwise.

Regards
Sharp.

I DID try Google. I found this:

https://www.space.com/8405-sun-unchanging-size-baffles-scientists.html

So how does 932,057 miles fit in with your magic equations? And why use miles? Does your hypothesis work if you use kilometers? Why use the diameter? Why not the circumference? You are forcing things to fit your belief.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:

I DID try Google. I found this:

https://www.space.com/8405-sun-unchanging-size-baffles-scientists.html

So how does 932,057 miles fit in with your magic equations? And why use miles? Does your hypothesis work if you use kilometers? Why use the diameter? Why not the circumference? You are forcing things to fit your belief.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+sun%27s+diameter+is+865%2C000

Believe what you like, makes no difference to me. I'm not trying to be cheeky, it's just that I've realised that when it comes to subjects like this, there's no quick answer for people who expect a quick answer. You have to do your own research and figure out that things are far more connected than you imagine.

Sharp.
judit29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Can't believe what I'm reading here Reply with quote

I just bought a Kronos and now I want to adjust it to 432.00 Hz. Following this thread, I really can't believe what I'm reading here.
Instead of the product manager Mr. Dan Phillips finding a solution, he tells the customer that he's a stupid hoe, believing in non-sense.
When the customer wants to have 432.00 Hz, then make it possible for God's sake! My Yamaha MX49 can do it!!!!! Kronos not??? Gimme a break???
When the customer wants to have it, he wants to have it, whether YOU like it or NOT! It's none of your business if the theory behind 432 Hz it is "true" or "untrue" or "scientific" or not "scientific". This is NONE of your business! Make it HAPPEN! Find a way, KORG, and let us know!
Or maybe I should return the Kronos and get a Yamaha Montage instead. I'm so disgusted right now...
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't believe what I'm reading here Reply with quote

judit29 wrote:
Instead of the product manager Mr. Dan Phillips finding a solution, he tells the customer that he's a stupid hoe, believing in non-sense. When the customer wants to have 432.00 Hz, then make it possible for God's sake! My Yamaha MX49 can do it!!!!! Kronos not??? Gimme a break??? When the customer wants to have it, he wants to have it, whether YOU like it or NOT! It's none of your business if the theory behind 432 Hz it is "true" or "untrue" or "scientific" or not "scientific". This is NONE of your business! Make it HAPPEN! Find a way, KORG, and let us know!
Or maybe I should return the Kronos and get a Yamaha Montage instead. I'm so disgusted right now...

If you can not write respectfully, simply do not write here, especially at your very first post on this forum.

Without people like Mr Dan Phillips, right now you would not even have a Kronos and instead enjoy a Montage or whatever else.

Also, if you would even dare to read your user manual a few minutes, you would find out it is very easy to adjust the Kronos at any reference frequency you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: