Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gate time functions/version 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnicol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Gate time functions/version 2 Reply with quote

Hello! I sold a Monotribe on E-Bay that had been upgraded to version 2 and the guy says one of the gate time functions isn't working. Copying and pasting his e-mail to me:

For instance Gate Time + 6 changes from 8 step to 16 step. You probably already know this. (That works fine by the way.) The one that isn't working is Gate Time + 4. If you've turned off a couple steps in the sequence, say for example 2,4,5, and 7. You can go Gate Time + 4 and have all 8 steps back on with a touch rather than re-pressing 2,4,5, and 7. That is not working.

Does anyone know how to enable this function? Or is it possible to simply do the version 2 upgrade again? It's difficult without the item in front of me, but I really don't want to have to take a return, which he says he'll do if it can't be fixed. Any help much appreciated!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Probably there is simply some misunderstanding here. There is a difference between turning on/off steps in a sequence and activating/deactivating a step.

Turning off a step causes that the part does not sound for that step. A pause is inserted in the sequence. Turning on/off is done by just pushing the steps.

Deactivating a step causes that the step is removed from the sequence. That step does not sound anymore, but is also NOT replaced by a pause. I.e. the sequence becomes effectively shorter. Activating/deactivating is done via [active step]+step buttons.

I've the impression the guy is turning on/off steps (inserting pauses), while the [gate time]+4 restores the length of the sequence back to 8 (or 16 if [gate time]+6 is on. I.e. it sets all steps back to active. So there is a mixup...

I verified it with my Monotribe. Note that if a step was off, it remains off, independent whether it was active or not, when pushing [gate time]+4. If it was inactive, of course it gets active.

Bye.
tnicol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Much appreciated, I'll pass that along - thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: