Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Many Memory Slots?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: How Many Memory Slots? Reply with quote

I've had my KingKorg for a half a year now but I've been far too busy to really get down and figure it out. I do love this synth but I have yet to really get a handle on it.
One question to start with. Are there any open memory slots available or am I simply going to overwrite sounds? I'm okay with this as I LOVE tweaking sounds anyway and rarely ever just leave a sound as the way it comes.
My second question is this. How many favourites can I have?
I will have many many more questions but as I learn how this beauty works, they will become fewer, I hope! Wink

I'm going to throw one more out here just in case it is possible to do what I want to: and that is to have 2 different pitch bend ranges on a sound. A whole octave down and one tone up. This is for lead sounds.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really tried to find the limits but as far as I'm aware there are at least 100 and I think maybe 200 empty locations (201 and up).

Favorites are A B C D E F G times the category switches. 8 a piece I guess.
Should be enough to not worry about for a while longer Smile
djcactus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just reset mine, after many jam sessions and nights letting people try the board out the "write" button has been pressed many times across many programs leaving them a little mangled.

needless to say tabula rasa all of my presets are back to their regular old selves.

Pretty sure its 100 user slots

not sure about the favorites. havnt really used that feature.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 user slots but you can use the preset slots for your own sounds (200) too. I guess at least 100 user slots more would have been a must have since a lot of presets are nice. That being said the librarian is easy to use and quick.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used the librarian. Truth be told, I forgot it even existed! Embarassed
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
kkorgian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 dedicated user slots is a little tight, 200 a better number but to be honest very few people will even worry about hitting the 100 limit.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing too is that a lot of people like me will overwrite a lot of the factory sounds. A lot of the bass sounds are kind of useless to me for example. One quick question, how do I access the empty user slots? Do I just scroll through the menu? Yes, I do know that I'm supposed to read the manual, but that is something that puts me to sleep faster than anything.
Cenobite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just press the SE/VOC button and scroll a few from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: