Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacycell doesn't show up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertrand18m

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Legacycell doesn't show up Reply with quote

Hi,

I installed all legacy collection softs on cubase ai7 on win7 64.
They all show up on cubase except the legacycell one.

Thanks for your help,

Bertrand
rock machine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bertrand,

This is an issue I've written about here and one for which I've never seen an asnwer as to what is going on, or a solution. What irritates me most, is that of all the Legacy things, other than the MonoPoly, it's my favourite plug-in of the lot. I've got Cubase 3 and & 7 (Artist) by the way and this issue showed up in 3 also. I can't believe Korg will not answer to at least say why this is the case.

Geoff
bertrand18m

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works well on the 32 bit version of windows and on my mac also.
I hope that korg can make it work on the 64 bit version...
Mauri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send in a support request a while back and was told Korg are looking into it, they did'nt say when it'll be fixed though...

Legacy Cell 32bit works in Cubase 7.5 x64 and Windows 7 x64 here via jBridge.

It would be nice if they did fix it, 'would'nt need a workaround to use it.

Mauri.
Self built PC | Cubase 12 Pro | WaveLab Elements 11 | Windows 11 Pro x64 Dual Boot on 2 x SSDs + 3 x SSDs for samples and project files | Core 11th Gen i9-11900KF OCd 5.3GHZ | ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI mobo | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL18 DDR4 | RME HDSPe AIO | ASUS Radeon RX 580 Series graphics | Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler| 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe Accelerators | Corsair RM1000x 1000W Power Supply Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold | Mackie HR624 MKII monitors
bertrand18m

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used jBridge and it worked.
But as you said korg really should make it work.
Topaz-uk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here, no legacycell using OSX 10.10.1

Korg please fix asap.
anilnc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed just 64bit version in my windows 7 64bit. And legacy cell shows and works well in my cubase 6.5 64bit version.

But just see if you have installed MS-20 and Polysix, because until I installed them cubase didn't show legacy cell.
Fr7x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Legacycell Windows 8.1 64 bits Reply with quote

This has worked for me.

LegacyCell, MS-20 and Polysix, MED-X. Put all their .dll files and .EXE files in the same folder. It worked right away.

Korg doesn't have to fix this as it works but at least they could've have mentioned this on the forum or to users who wrote to them.
Mauri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Fr7x,

If you're on Windows, where are all your Korg .dll and .exe files located?
Self built PC | Cubase 12 Pro | WaveLab Elements 11 | Windows 11 Pro x64 Dual Boot on 2 x SSDs + 3 x SSDs for samples and project files | Core 11th Gen i9-11900KF OCd 5.3GHZ | ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI mobo | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL18 DDR4 | RME HDSPe AIO | ASUS Radeon RX 580 Series graphics | Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler| 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe Accelerators | Corsair RM1000x 1000W Power Supply Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold | Mackie HR624 MKII monitors
SoundCreator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
I have the same problem: all instruments and plugins from the Korg Legacy Collection work and are visible to the DAW, while LegacyCell does not work in either the DAW or Standalone.
My DAW is Cakewalk, Windows 10.
Yesterday I uninstalled all Korg plugins, reinstalled them - it worked and LegacyCell!
Today I turn on all the instruments and plug-ins from the Korg Legacy Collection work and the DAW is visible, and LegacyCell does not work either in the DAW or Standalone.
Has someone solved this problem?
Will the Korg support staff see my cry for help?
rock machine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue for years SoundCreator. After finally getting the latest and greatest updates, that I only found out about via a totally different forum from a FB friend of mine, I downloaded all of them and somehow I got it functioning again. I wish I could tell you more as to what happened, and/or why, but I can't. Here's my system, if that helps- desktop with an i7 using Reason 10.4 and Cubase Artist 8.5. The Cubase is mainly just the VST containing folder though now. Good luck figuring it out, because it is a nice VST, really well designed. One thing that makes it different though is that you are stuck with the old GUIs when you open either the Polysix or MS-20. Wonder if that is related to your issue.

Oh great, just opened Reason>Legacy Cell, and now, it says failed to open. Looks like I'll be joining you. I'll look at my laptop later but have a slightly different system there.
rock machine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back again! I went and logged into the Korg shop,>my accound>My downloads, then downloaded the Legacy Cell installer again. When I opened it, it gave 3 alternatives including modify and repair. I chose the Modify, opened Reason again and bingo, the stupid thing works again, including working as a Stand Alone. I also looked here Steniberg>VST>Korg and saw one file that looked conspicuous, in that it was dated today, the one called LegacyCell.dll,Settings.
I wonder if that got updated to accomodate old and new. In Legacy Cell, there are no options regarding GUI sizing and it's the old GUI. Hope something here helps you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: