Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

combi 000 - dreaming w/out sleeping piano sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcconnolly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: combi 000 - dreaming w/out sleeping piano sound Reply with quote

How do I take the piano sound from the combi pattern 'dreaming w/out sleeping' and use that to record in a new sequence?

How do I then add other instruments to it?
dimitra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in sequence mode, there is a "Copy from Combi/Program" option in the menu which comes up when you press the triangle on the top right of the touch-screen. You could also try the record shortcut - Enter + Rec/Write key when in the particular Combi.
dcconnolly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out the drop-down menu and it asked copy to timbre. I assume timbre means each track?

Thanks.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When asked about how to carve a statue of a horse, Michaelangelo is said to have answered, "carve away everything that doesn't look like a horse".

You can copy any combi in it's entirety to a new/blank location (letter-###) complete with all the effects and connections of the original. Then, since you have an exact copy of the original combi and want to save the piano only, start taking away those elements you don't want.

The piano track or timbre should be visible as one of the several voices in the combi. There may be a couple of elements to the piano part. Trace each of those voices (by track or part) to determine how they are being manipulated.

If you're lucky the piano will be the first timbre but the piano element(s) is the only one you have to be concerned about (michaelangelo's horse); you only have to be careful not to break those routing connections or to reestablish them if you move stuff around.

Adding new instruments is as easy as putting in the location into the front page, setting up the zone parameters, octave, tuning and other options the selecting or connecting new IFX for the new layer and routing to MFX.

If part or all of that work flow is unfamiliar to you then time with the manual and editing in general is what you need to explore.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
dcconnolly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Thanks for the in-depth answer. I'll be checking it out as soon as possible.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: