Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos OS3.0 details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andreuz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowtrain wrote:
Don't forget that you get a discount when you upgrade from the Korg editor to Soundquest pro. I think that you put your Kronos serial number in when it asks for the serial number of the software you're upgrading. I have a link somewhere if you need it.

Slowtrain-

Thanks for this upgrade info. If you find that link, please post.

thanks,
Andreuz
slowtrain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the reply I got on the Soundquest forum when I asked about upgrade pricing:

As a Kronos owner, you do qualify for special upgrade pricing. You will see the upgrade options here:

https://www.squest.com/Forms/Upgrade.html

You will need to enter your Kronos serial number as the upgrade serial number on the order form.
ybobo64

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Soundquest pro 11 Reply with quote

As i didn't know which update to get i asked Michael Lambie from SoundQuest as you did. But do you feel 299$ for an upgrade is fine?
It is just like you had notting to start from.😁

slowtrain wrote:
Here's the reply I got on the Soundquest forum when I asked about upgrade pricing:

As a Kronos owner, you do qualify for special upgrade pricing. You will see the upgrade options here:

You will need to enter your Kronos serial number as the upgrade serial number on the order form.

Kronos X73, Logic Pro 9, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Reason 8, Nanopad, Padkontrol, Leap motion with Geco App, Arturia v4 pack, IK multimedia Total Studio 3, iPad air 2, iMac i7, Roli Seaboard Rise, many plug-ins and iPad app.
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
There is absolutely no benefit from doing a full format and install, unless the system does not boot.

This. Is. Not. A. Windows. Computer.

Love this. Cool
slowtrain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Soundquest pro 11 Reply with quote

ybobo64 wrote:
As i didn't know which update to get i asked Michael Lambie from SoundQuest as you did. But do you feel 299$ for an upgrade is fine?
It is just like you had notting to start from.😁

slowtrain wrote:

No, I think $299 to get your Kronos to work with 64 bit DAWs as a VSTi sucks. I think the Motif works with Cubase as a VSTi. DanAtKorg says it's not going to happen though, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a 64 bit editor. It will work as a standalone editor in 64 bit though, so you have to ask yourself if it's worth $300 to have it show up in your DAW I guess.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Editing Programs from within a Combination or Song
You can now jump directly into the editing pages of a Program from within a Combination or Song—while still hearing all of the other Timbres or Tracks. Tweak a step sequencer pattern, for instance, or experiment with patch cables in the MS-20EX.

Shocked Shocked
Very Happy
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so now we're all drooling and in December, any word when this bad boy is gonna DROP? Laughing
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
Ok, so now we're all drooling and in December, any word when this bad boy is gonna DROP? Laughing

I'm hoping this week!
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz? Daz?- as in, THE Daz??? Is It Really You -THE- Daz??? Welcome, Sir!
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: The Kapro private collection for 3.0 OS for $49 Reply with quote

Does anyone know what any of the sounds consist of I have heard several things but nothing confirmed and will you be able to load the Berlin Grand in the Kronos X without any memory issues?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Kapro private collection for 3.0 OS for $49 Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
Does anyone know what any of the sounds consist of I have heard several things but nothing confirmed and will you be able to load the Berlin Grand in the Kronos X without any memory issues?

Review this thread (and any other related threads). I think you will find some answers.
Sweat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here!

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/1204/
andrewt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Razz I got the email and just got back from my gig. I think I'll install it tonight and poke around a little.
Andreuz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreuz wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
There is absolutely no benefit from doing a full format and install, unless the system does not boot.

After 3.0 is installed I will only be installing what I really like and will actually use. And now that I know a lot more about the Kronos, I will be much more organized when installing new sounds & samples. The help of a good librarian will play an important role and more than likely I will be upgrading to SoundQuest 11 Pro (depending on what comes with 3.0)

-Andreuz

FYI... 3.0.2 Installation was very successful and smooth after this "Full Format and Install". For me it was is a benefit being able to see exactly what came with 3.0.2 as I had not installed any intermediate upgrades, programs or samples after the format... especially someone like myself who does not have all the sounds and locations memorized yet and also was nice to see what banks are fully empty and available. All the clutter is gone and now time to begin installing favorite sounds.

Now, it's on to purchasing the SoundQuest 11 Pro upgrade (librarian/editor), which should definitely help keep things organized. I just hope this program works like some of their earlier software that I owned... where you can "audition sounds" before even installing them which was huge advantage, saving alot of time. This may or may not be possible with the Kronos, we shall see.

-Andreuz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: