Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New TR User

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoyo8x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: New TR User Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, korg products and workstations in general, and ive recently purchased a TR. Does anyone have any tips to get started or possibly links to tutorial videos, since i have searched to no avail. Also I'm unsure of how loading pcg files off an SD card works as well
Thanks
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the TR is as per the LE you should have a parameter guide and a Basics guide manual. The Basics guide is worth following through to learn all the basics including how to save and load. If you did not get these you can download the PDF's from the Korg site

Steve V
yoyo8x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than these guides is there any hidden menus or tips and tricks they don't talk about?
yoyo8x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, is there any good free piano pcgs available for the tr, because everything i have tried doesn't satisfy my needs, and while the StereoPiano does sound good, i would like a more natural sound
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best tip is to study the basic manual first and follow the examples, them set yourself small goals and use the parameter guide to achieve them. If you get stuck ask on these forums, there are a lot of clever guys out here that may be able to help. Gradually build up your knowledge until you can program the sounds that you want.

As for free piano samples, that's doubtful. To record decent samples that are better than the ones supplied you need an excellent piano as well as well calibrated studio recording equipment with (at a guess) both internal and external microphones to be able to record every nuance of each and every note in turn at varying velocities..i.e think expensive and time consuming stuff. Alternatively you could get your mate to record himself bashing away on his mums piano using an Iphone. I guess you know which samples may be the free ones! However you may be lucky, have a look on Tritonhaven.com there are some samples and PCG's etc there.

In case you are unaware, you will need sample memory installed to be able to load up any that contain samples. I don't know if the TR comes with any (The LE didn't). If you do not have any sample memory then you will only be able to load up parameter changes. These changes use the internal sound on your TR and are the same that you can do yourself once you have learned the basics and studied the parameter guide

Good luck it’s can be an extremely frustrating but ultimately rewarding journey, I know as I myself and most of the guys on these forums are on it as there is always something new to learn. Keep at it and once you know how to tweak the sounds, you may find that those piano sounds are nowhere near as bad as you first thought

Steve V
yoyo8x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent my night last night tweaking the stereo piano in the tr, and after an hour or two it started to sound as good if not better than my own acoustic piano. Thanks for all the help.
Matt
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news, enjoy Smile
edaniels

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New TR User Reply with quote

yoyo8x wrote:
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, korg products and workstations in general, and ive recently purchased a TR. Does anyone have any tips to get started or possibly links to tutorial videos, since i have searched to no avail. Also I'm unsure of how loading pcg files off an SD card works as well
Thanks

Hey yoyo8x,

I just recently purchased a TR 61 from Craigslist for a a great price, However, after downloading the manual and looking through it, I was a bit lost too.

I then found this website call http://www.sudosonic.com which sells Korg TR DVD tutorials for $30.90 US. I just order a set of DVDs a few days ago and they are scheduled to arrive today. Since I am more of a visual learner, these video tutorials will com in handy.

Take a look at the link for the site and see if you may be interested.
http://www.sudosonic.com/Prod_Korg_Triton_TR_Video_Tutorials.html

From what I understand, the TR and the LE are basically the same with some advanced modification on the TR. The video demos sometimes show the LE as well.

I hope this helps,

E. Daniels

Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: