Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I got the new Electribe...now my thoughts on it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:
So if I want to play a synth part and say have it drone out or not just play with long sustained notes I cannot do it for more than 4 bars without stopping the note I am playing.

Sure you can. Just use your hands to play your melodies manually on a part that has no note data recorded on it. Or record it manualy into the Event Recorder. Or divide the programming up between multiple parts or patterns.

Consider this...

250 patterns x 4 bars = 1000 bars

4 Pattern Set banks x 16 pads = 64 Patterns (256 Bars) that can be triggered live in any order you wish

If you are trying to cram all your ideas into just one single looped pattern, of course you're going to hit a brick wall.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin

Last edited by Re-Member on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: double post (slow connection)
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin

Last edited by Re-Member on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: double post (slow connection)

Last edited by Re-Member on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
bingkingbo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:
So if I want to play a synth part and say have it drone out or not just play with long sustained notes I cannot do it for more than 4 bars without stopping the note I am playing. How hard is this for people to understand? Why do people not understand that this is useful to people that want to create COMPLEX music not just 4 on the floor crap. Why even have 4 bars just have 1 huh? Even if you can't understand how to make a evolving swelling long synth part someday you might and then you would understand. And this is a dumbed down Electribe for DJ and beginner synthesists and people like that will love it. I on the other hand have a studio FULL of gear that makes this sound and work like a beginner box to me and my bandmate. By the way I am no dummy I have music you can walk into any music store and buy and am glad I choose not to reveal who I really am on here. I came trying to help make this machine something special and improve it to a PRO level but I am done here. Some have understood, most not. Have fun and good bye.

hey Glitchcraft don't give up hope, im not a "4 on the floor" guy too, i know/understand wt u mean, and hope to have more than 4bar to play with synth too, maybe Korg will listen and update just like Tempest did, they changed 4 bar to 8 too. you don't have to say bye man, too early to tell right?
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
Sure you can. Just use your hands to play your melodies manually on a part that has no note data recorded on it.

That's what I am going to do. I want to be the next Vangelis.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:
and am glad I choose not to reveal who I really am on here.

Ohhhh, i love stuff like this. Ermmmmmmm...... Elvis? Bruce Lee? Batman? Give us clue eh?

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Yahtef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no additional value in the mod. What shift does is cycle options skipping the different types. - a,b,c,d, etc, then a1,b1,c1,d1, a2,b2,c2, etc. Shift cycles a,a1,a2.

I was rather disappointed with this purchase. It is indeed, no Electribe at all, and my disappointment is in expecting one. I absolutely abhor computers as medium, and this thing is software in a box, complete with that pick and poke mousy feel. As a portable, it is lots of fun, with some delicious sound potential. Still, I am mad with myself that I did not instead get a newer model EMX, as my original model suddenly contracted asberger's turrets.

(Broken) EMX, MS2000, Kaossilator pro+, Roland 505, Yamaha SU-10
Electribe 2
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:
So if I want to play a synth part and say have it drone out or not just play with long sustained notes I cannot do it for more than 4 bars without stopping the note I am playing. How hard is this for people to understand? Why do people not understand that this is useful to people that want to create COMPLEX music not just 4 on the floor crap.

Complex music, not 4 on the floor crap, huh? Then how would you describe this track for example:

https://soundcloud.com/glitchcraftmusic/only-you-glitch-craft-remix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:
How hard is this for people to understand? Why do people not understand that this is useful to people that want to create COMPLEX music not just 4 on the floor crap.

More like bitchcraft....
wasstof

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:

More like bitchcraft....

He's not been on for a while!
Think he's sitting in his Mega Studio ignoring us plebs!
And Now a Volca Sample...
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Glitchcraft wrote:
So if I want to play a synth part and say have it drone out or not just play with long sustained notes I cannot do it for more than 4 bars without stopping the note I am playing. How hard is this for people to understand? Why do people not understand that this is useful to people that want to create COMPLEX music not just 4 on the floor crap.

Complex music, not 4 on the floor crap, huh? Then how would you describe this track for example:

4 to the floor as far as I can hear!
brambos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
thebiglebowski wrote:
Glitchcraft wrote:

4 to the floor as far as I can hear!

And nothing wrong with that. I'd rather make something that gets thousands of people moving than make esoteric artsy self-wankery.

Not that I do, but you get the point. Music snobbery is silly and needs to go away from this forum. There's Gearslutz for that.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get the context, Brambos.

The original poster in a lenghty rant (more than 8 bars for sure…) about the new Electribe was trashing this kind of music, and implying that Korg's new groovebox was designed specifically for creating shitty EDM, nothing else.

That's made the tracks found on a souncloud profile also called „Glitchcraft” so „interesting”…

So I'm not attacking any specific style of music, I'm just wondering if there isn't a huge dose of hipocrisy not only in his Electribe criticism, but his criticism about other users of this forum, implying that we basically are musically retarded amateurs that live in the small world of 4 bars and can't understand anything more complex.
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artsy self-wankery? Tautological.
'Wankery' already implies self-service.
wasstof

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:

More like bitchcraft....

He's not been on for a while!
Think he's sitting in his Mega Studio ignoring us plebs!
And Now a Volca Sample...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: