Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg fixed the kronos without fixing it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpernet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not do these improvements on the original kronos they are the same keyboard except for the enclosure motherboard & keybed
Harpernet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question jim the topic isn't about if my kronos works or not it's about the new kronos being the same as original kronos it just has better hardware
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
To answer your question jim the topic isn't about if my kronos works or not it's about the new kronos being the same as original kronos it just has better hardware

After your answer that it's not about your Kronos (or any other real, Kronos related problem) I think Dave is right:
Davd C. Polich wrote:
Call the OP what it is - a pointless rant.

Harpernet, what I suspected already is nice to know by now: This topic is just wasting other forum member's time for absolutely nothing. it should be renamed to:
"Harpernet used the Kronos forum without really using it." Wink
Harpernet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim are you ok? My topic is all about the kronos It's all im talking about is the kronos.what real kronos problem you think I should discuss. If any it should be addressed as a new topic
Harpernet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim I'll just wait to till the new kronos comes out & compare it have a great weekend
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
the local music store sales person told me not to buy the kronos he said it had lots of hardware problems so I bought a used one instead.

I bet that annoyed him - he was hoping you'd take the Yamaha Wink

Well welcome to the Korg forums Harpernet.

I suggest you spend some hours researching these forums regarding the Kronos's problems and fixes.
You'll get a much better result compared to a retailer's comments.

At least come up with some facts like the actual hardware problems, otherwise this is misleading to new and potential Kronos owners and unqualified hearsay.

Whatever Kronos you keep/buy/use I wish you all the best.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
keez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've mentioned overheating several times. I have NEVER heard of a single Kronos overheating. Sounds like you've taken some bullshit spouted by a Korg hater as fact.
Harpernet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keez thanks the sales man told me the original kronos was a piece of s**t & the new one coming out is a ripp off he said they are the same keyboard but the new one had better hardware so I figured I would do a lil research & this is a great forum to do some research on the kronos
Mk11Audio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: RH3 Keybed issues... Reply with quote

Ok, I have been searching and following a few of these threads on "some hardware issues." I need to add mine and then ask the forum "if" they can point me in the right direction to get things right.

I have a pre 001500 S/N Kronos 88... (which I read elsewhere on this forum that they were prone to have defective keybeds... double strike, etc...)

I have several keys that "stick" when you are trying to depress them... I first attributed this to just a firm keyboard and needing to be broken in, but no... they are "catching" on themselves in a mechanism way. So across the keyboard when trying to play "subtle" or soft ballad style material, you can't do it... some keys will depress normal and you can get the nuances you are used to, and the bad keys force me to push harder after they don't depress at all changing the entire dynamics of the piece... it is definitely faulty.

I am in the San Francisco area... I bought this used off of Craigslist on a whim, also because the price was good... now I think I am learning why... and I thought I had done all my homework... dang... I think the previous owner knew it, and didn't disclose it... but I also didn't discover it until weeks after getting it home and really playing for a long period of time...

I have updated to 3.0.2 as well... increase the RAM to 4GB and all seems well from the electronic side... but this keyed thing is driving me crazy... so questions...

Is this a known Korg issue and will they warranty repair it? I registered the keyboard under my name...

2. I am new to the area... where would I go for authorized repair? Another friend mentioned that Guitar Centers here have a contract with DB Electronics out of Fresno, and they pick up something like once a week on Weds... sounds like I'd be without my keyboard for awhile... "not fond of that either..."

I've just not had good luck with Korg in general... I was giving it another try, and I am a little unhappy... few years ago, I bought a brand new Oasys 88... i was playing it, and it gave me the blue screen of death... returned it, and Korg would not refund my LAC-1 deposit as it was a software unlock... left a bitter taste.... I said I don't even have the Oasys anymore... they never budged... I basically gave someone at Korg $249.00 that day for nothing...

So... any thoughts?

Sad
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Keez thanks the sales man told me the original kronos was a piece of s**t & the new one coming out is a ripp off he said they are the same keyboard but the new one had better hardware so I figured I would do a lil research & this is a great forum to do some research on the kronos

Try asking him again when he's sober - I'm convinced he wanted to sell you something else - perhaps he doesn't make as much $$ selling Korg - for him to say that "...the original kronos was a piece of s**t & the new one coming out is a ripp off…" demonstrates and confirms his total ignorance regarding Kronos.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Harpernet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna say thanks for the info i would like to learn as much about the kronos as I can now that I own one I would love to get more info & what's the big difference between the new kronos & the old kronos
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. Use commas, your ranty sentences are sorely missing them.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intrinsically, there's no difference apart from design - It makes no odds if there's a new MoBo inside, it's not going to perform any better - all Versions behave in the same way.

I've never had a problem with the fan, keyboard or anything on my K61 V1.

The only real difference is that K2 costs less, and includes the extra libraries.
Rigel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly suspect he has a Kronos; guys of unknown origin come here now and then and opens topics like this. Why the hell?

I had a K61, used it for two years, bought a KX73 and been using it for over a year. Ive had zero problems with any of them. Thanks Korg for an amazing instrument and wonderful support...
Korg KronosX73, Kurzweil PC3K6, Roland V-Synth GT, Kawai K5000S, Waldorf Blofeld, Novation Ultranova, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha HS80M, Boss Micro BR80, Zoom H6, Sony PCM D100, Tascam DP32SD, Mackie 1202VLZ4, Zoom MS-70CDR, Rode NT1, Sony MDR 7506.
Rigel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This he posted today:

Harpernet wrote:
Jim thank you for the info this is great news that you have never had any hardware problems with the kronos the local music store sales person told me not to buy the kronos he said it had lots of hardware problems so I bought a used one instead. This makes for a great topic im curious if anyone has/had hardware problems with the kronos because you can't always trust what the sales person has to say

..and this he posted a few days ago..

Harpernet wrote:
Greg if this is the case then what you're saying is they have devalued our original kronos which cost me over 3000 bucks & It's the same keyboard

Did he buy a used K for 3k bucks or is he just trolling?
Korg KronosX73, Kurzweil PC3K6, Roland V-Synth GT, Kawai K5000S, Waldorf Blofeld, Novation Ultranova, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha HS80M, Boss Micro BR80, Zoom H6, Sony PCM D100, Tascam DP32SD, Mackie 1202VLZ4, Zoom MS-70CDR, Rode NT1, Sony MDR 7506.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: