Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organ Sounds Beginner question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Floydtom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Organ Sounds Beginner question Reply with quote

I am trying to tweak the organ sounds. I would like to go from a straight sound to the leslie effect. MAny of the sounds have vibrato or chorus in them already. In fact, it seem user knob 3 is often a better leslie effect than the actual leslie effect. I think that is set to chorus...

Any thoughts ?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you mean switching the leslie from fast to slow. I think on most patches it is the same controller (some switch; don't have a Krome myself). But you can find it in the edit page belonging to the slow/fast speed (look for AMS where you can see, but also change) the controller to swithc between fast/slow. You can also set another for off/on.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to MK. Some details follow.

Usually the on/off is a joystick toggle (JS+Y) - once up for on, up again for off.

As to whether the Leslie sound is initially on, look on the Insert Effects page for the Leslie - it's called Roatary Speaker/Distortion for legal reasons - and check the status of the effect. Toward the top of the page for the effect itself you should see the parameters for the rotary portion - you will see something that says effect ON, with an AMS that selects JS+(Y) with a setting of TOGGLE.

Set to OFF : JS+(Y) : TOGGLE

SAVE!

This will give you the dry/straight organ sound you want with Leslie on demand with a flick of the joystick.

-----------------

Chorus is a way to "thick up" an organ sound that might otherwise sound kind of wimpy. Same for reverb.

I'm more surprised that vibrato is an issue since I don't think of it as an organ effect per se. I'm especially surprised that it's already ON for so many organ programs in presets (if you aren't using 3rd part sounds). Anyway vibrato can either be programmed or imposed with an effect.

If it's programmed it'll probably be in the AMP section as an LFO... and might be controlled by an A/B button push as an AMS. Check to see if A or B push turns off vibrato, and if it does, SAVE in the OFF state. There may also be a pitch modulation involved as well (tho' I can't see using that for organ. Violin or flute vibrato, yes; organ, no.) Look for a fairly slow shallow depth LFO in the pitch page as well.

Actual Vibrato (you'll see it in IFX effects chain) can be, reduced (mix), modified (depth/rate) or removed altogether at your discretion. The same applies to chorus if you think it's too much or the wrong type.

-------------------

NOTE: Changes you make to any preset program (before effects) WILL effect any combination using that program. So, saving to an empty or unused (INIT) program location is always a smart move.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: