Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa1x ram
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, its not quicker, because all data is loaded on old EDO RAM memory, and u cant change write time on that kind of memories.... they are damn slow... and newer keyboards have DDR or sdram memory which have very faster writing time...

only advance of cf disk is that this kind of disk is more resistable from aftershocks in transport.... hdd is very sensitive, it happens that hdd after intensive transporting goes dead... and cf disk is different kind of data, everything goes on chip so its much safer from hdd....
Jabba-san

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverkorgagain wrote:
No, its not quicker, because all data is loaded on old EDO RAM memory, and u cant change write time on that kind of memories.... they are damn slow... and newer keyboards have DDR or sdram memory which have very faster writing time...

First of all, that's very sad... Second, you just saved me bunch of $! Thank you.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the boot? Perhaps delete instruments I don't like or so?
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u want to speed up boot time, just plug out ur ram modules and play on factory samples Laughing and u can sell ur ram modules everytime, and earn, so thats also positive side of speeding up boot time hahaha. Very Happy
Jabba-san

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverkorgagain wrote:
if u want to speed up boot time, just plug out ur ram modules and play on factory samples Laughing and u can sell ur ram modules everytime, and earn, so thats also positive side of speeding up boot time hahaha. Very Happy

Or maybe I can sell tbe Pa1X and keep the modules Wink

ok....not that funny how I initially thought Wink
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for dissapointing u bro, but we cant do nothing for our favourite aranger..... only to buy new or play this with all his possibilities.
Jabba-san

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverkorgagain wrote:
Sorry for dissapointing u bro, but we cant do nothing for our favourite aranger..... only to buy new or play this with all his possibilities.

That's ok Wink I almost used to it. It ges better my social life. I turn it on and I can go outside, take a walk, watch a movie, have a bud ... etc.. Wink

Btw I heard that Pa2X is not better in booting?
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm.... so as tyros 2.... well boot time its faster, because they have new type of ram memories, but there is now bigger set, on pa1x u can have 34-5mb but on tyros u can put ur set up to 1 gb... so that increase boot time up to 10 minutes.... im not sure about pa2x, but i think its same with pa1x.... my pa1 loads 34mb set in 4,5 minutes.... so thats not bad, as u say we have more time for social life Laughing
arash_pa80

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Speaker doesn't work Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I was so stupid. by mistake I have loaded the the PAX3 sets samples to my PA1x and then it will damaged all my files.

I loaded the fresh OS and Factory set but speakers still is not working. I also have had 2*16 MB ram on keyboard plus HDD.

two questions?

1: I purchased few rams and it seems to be is for Triton studio. Are they working on Korg Pa1X?

2: When I turn the unit on the speakers are not working and no sound? what could Caucasus the issues?

Please please help.

many thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: