Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!! how to install Exs we buy on Kronos Libraries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musician

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: HELP!! how to install Exs we buy on Kronos Libraries Reply with quote

Hello Everyone, i bought Exs 14 -15 - 45- 50 -83 and 90 from Korg Libraries for Kronos,
However when i download the Demo version, i extract each one to USB FLASH memory stick, when i go to Kronos DISK ( I select the Memory stick option) on UTILITY even LOAD option, i choose EXS"50".sins file (as an example) to INSTALL and keeps telling me this message "FAILED. EXSINSTALL.EXSINS FILE ERROR ...
i want to install each exs to my kronos and to Authorize them but never shows on "INSTALLED OPTIONS" teh exs i want to install, its actually blank...can someone help me how to install an Exs to our kronos? thank you so much and i kindly appreciate who can answer
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you format the USB stick from the Kronos. Next, plug it on your PC/Mac and transfer the library folder to the root of the stick. For example, EXs14. Next, plug the stick at the back of the Kronos, go to Disk, selectthe stick, open the folder EXs14 and select the Install function when highlighting the INS file.

When you get errors, it's usually that:

1- The stick does not read well / is not compatible with the Kronos. Solution = format from Kronos or change stick.
2- The library folder is not at the root of the stick, or the files are, or the decompression created an EXs14 folder inside anotehr EXs14 folder. Solution = ensure EXs folder is at the root and contains the three files and not another folder.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
tdm1995

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Failed EXS.... file error Reply with quote

EDITED - Admin
tdm
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Failed EXS.... file error Reply with quote

tdm1995 wrote:

HOW THE FK am I supposed to install this crap I paid $249 for?

Firstly - Backup all your User Files

1. Download the EXs17/18 files to your Mac/PC (KRS-07 will be available for download from your Korg account)
2. Unzip them
3. Format your USB stick on the Kronos (32 bit)
4. Remove the USB stick and put it in your Mac/PC
5. Transfer the unzipped folders to the root of the USB stick
6. Plug the USB stick into the Kronos
7. Press the "DISK" button
8. Press the "LOAD" tab
9. Select your USB stick from the Drive Select drop down menu
10. Highlight ESx17 or ESx18 - Press "OPEN"
11. Highlight ESx17/18 .exsins - Press "INSTALL" - Default installation will overwrite U-BB/U-EE depending on what version of the PCG file you choose
12. Install KRS-07 - Default installation will overwrite U-AA, U-BB, Combi I-D 096-127 Wave Sequences U-F 00 to 12 and set lists 000 & 001

Read the PDF if you wish to load EXs17/18 and KRS-07 to your preferred locations (you did read the manual, didn't you?)

Last edited by Broadwave on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:30 am; edited 5 times in total
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Failed EXS.... file error Reply with quote

tdm1995 wrote:
REMOVED tdm inappropriate quote - ADMIN
tdm

I know I had the same problem. Contact korg uk complain to them if enough of us do that then they might let us have the original files from the kronos 2

Korg won't give you a refund that was the condition of sale.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys , under all circumstances EXs libraries installation files have no issues and always third factors can affect this !

Therefore , instead of every time describing the individual EXs installation , I'll focus on factors that can cause
"FAILED. EXSINSTALL.EXSINS FILE ERROR" error message :
- Always check your boot SSD remaining space before installing , but even in this case installer will warn you.
- After OS v2.12 , installer fails if installation files are copied scattered in USB media root level and you have
to copy the folder that includes all of them in first level and in all EXs cases this folder is always there after
decompressing your downloaded pack , called EXsXX !
- Kronos OS has a character number limit and if your folder includes subfolders this limit will be exceeded ,
installer won't read files in deeper level and installation fails !
- Do not rename this folder in larger character length and in other than alphanumeric characters !
- Even if a simple symbol like "&" is added in this folder's name this will not be recognized and installation will fail !
- Sometimes , folders security properties that could be created via PC/Mac contained in your USB media ,
can cause issues to Kronos OS and lead to installation failure so you must always format (quick) your USB
stick via Kronos OS to be ready only for your Kronos usage & installations !

Taking care of all mentioned troubleshooting , if you just copy the directly extracted EXsXX file that includes
directly EXSINS file , in root USB stick level then installation will work fine !

Hope this helps the most of you !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdm1995

DON'T blast us with your anger and heavily implied inappropriate language.

WE ARE NOT KORG!!!

However we are here to help and support.

State your views, complaints etc and ask your questions but stay cool with us.

At this stage, this is a polite request.

Admin
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
vivi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Korg Kronos and EXs Reply with quote

I gotta say I love the sounds but regret I switched from soft to hardware. The reason is I am very bad with technical things. Now first of all the Korg shop is horrible. A 12 year old could make a better site. Then I think the large data handling is a nightmare. Bought a bundle, had to download each EXs separately. Ok, that can be helped but each authorization code has to be entered with that quirky soft keyboard. I tried the USB keyboard but exactly there where the keyboard would be useful it doesn’t work. Then one key seems to be wrong. Contacted korg US but they tell me to contact Korg Japan because I love there. Ever thought about foreigners living in other countries that rely on English support?
But it gets worse. Bank handling in the korg is so ridiculous. Why can’t you just install, load append and it will fill up all empty banks? All ex’s get saved to U-G overwriting my previous load. I was told there is a tool that allows copying banks. Seriously? This should be standard. However I tried installing that tool and it just doesn’t. Then not supporting a mouse? This Kronos is so close to be a perfect device... so close.

So now I have all my Ex’s libraries and don’t know how to properly organize them.
MSoft

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: HELP!! how to install Exs we buy on Kronos Libraries Reply with quote

First you need to copy all the files to the internal disk and only after that you can run the installation from the internal disk.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!! how to install Exs we buy on Kronos Libraries Reply with quote

MSoft wrote:
First you need to copy all the files to the internal disk and only after that you can run the installation from the internal disk.

What is your source for that information?
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!! how to install Exs we buy on Kronos Libraries Reply with quote

MSoft wrote:

nahh, that's one extra step.

I copy the files to a thumb stick and install from there.
vivi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!! how to install Exs we buy on Kronos Libraries Reply with quote

MSoft wrote:

No in the installation explanation it says run from USB.
The problem is not the installation. It’s the organization of the sound libraries inside the banks. As I explained loading a EXs always loads into U-G and therefore overrides previously loaded sounds.

I have so many sounds. Basically I want one bank where I can save my favorites and another bank where I can load and try the sounds before I put them into my favorites bank.

What I don’t understand is why I get an error when I try to load into one of the User-aa -gg banks. It’s says no readable data.

Also if I made a sequence with several sounds from those EXs libraries, what the way to save the sequence so that it will save all programs and necessary dat la with it? Should I do save ALL?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: