Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monotron Delay - actual delay-time in ms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotron Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris-korg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Monotron Delay - actual delay-time in ms Reply with quote

Hi!

I´m using my monotron delay as a delay-effect (eg. for my MS20mini)

Is there a simple method to measure the actual delay-time on the monotron delay?

I do know how to calculate delay-time from BPM BUT I do not know how to adjust the delay-time poti accordingly (my ears are not precise enough Smile )

thanx and best regards,

Chris
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any precise technical way ,apart from tap tempo on something like KO ;or a sampler like KP3 were you measure it with trimming until a repeat disappears.
But I would recommend train that ear. Use the DJ trick..
Imagine you are drumming over your MS20 groove, with a snare hitting every other beat . Then tune you delay repeat to it buy detecting if the hit (imaginary snare/delay repeat) is early or late. If the repeat is every single beat then tune into that timing. It's just a case of concentrating on the two sounds at once , like a harder version of patting your head and rubbing your tummy-at the same time.
Hope this helps.
chris-korg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for your suggestion - I've ordered now a XPROTOLAB Portable, this might help me as well.

Have a nice weekend!

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotron Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: