Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expression pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R5G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Expression pedal Reply with quote

Hi .. so basically i am confused between the use of a foot switch and a foot expression pedal.

I have a pa600 arranger. The assignable pedal can be use to do things like switching between performances. start/stop style, or controlling the volume.. I wanted to know that for controlling the volume definitely an expression needs to be used .. But can expression pedal also switch between performances or start-stop styles.. or only a foot-swich can do that
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the pedal, I think. Some pedals may read an expression value of 127 as ON and zero as OFF for some parameters when plugged into the FS jack, but I wouldn't count on that being consistent or a good substitute for a foot switch.

The main things to keep in mind are that each jack is designed to work with a different type of pedal, and the assignable parameters each one is best suited for will vary depending on the nominal range of values; for example, an on/off option would work best with a Foot Switch, and a sweep or range value would best go to the Expression Pedal.

These can be assigned globally for a single function or to work with certain parameters of a program or combi by assigning them under the AMS (alternate modulation source) option that can be found in the parameters in each prog/combi's various menus. The latter option will allow you to control volume on one patch, filter sweep on another, and effects balance on a third, all using the same (EXP) controller.

Start/Stop or arp on/off are binary sets so a F/S is the natural choice for those, and are, if I recall correctly, options under the global menu. You only have the choice of 1 assignment under global.

Expression pedal would be a bad choice for start/stop.

AFAIK there is no "hook" available for assigning EXP to change program number using the (potential 127) stepped values of an expression pedal -- you can step up or down (not both) using an assigned FS/Global.

- - - - - - - - - - -

For moving between combis there are a couple of other shortcuts you could employ to move around easily.

If you write a custom .PCG file you can put patches (prog or combi) in performance order and step through using the FS. That is a good option for things like church services, set-piece shows with specific song order and many instrument changes (i.e., musicals, show bands, concerts.)

If you select bank or instrument type using the touch screen you'll see that the screen has a long list of available patches on the screen. Simply touch (highlight) the one you want and it will come up right away. As long a you do not push "enter" you can switch between any selection on the page with a single button push.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: