Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BIG News on the Electribe 2!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a retarded thing to say about a synth that doesn't even have ADSR or dedicated LFO, mod matrix etc
Buska

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo I just called my dealer and got a nice preorder price on the sampler so I bought it..

Now here comes the waiting game again, really hope it doesn't let me down like the synth version.

But I see great potential in the synth version if they add a bit deeper editing and longer pattern length, I will probably buy another emx2 down the line off ebay. But for now I'm pretty happy with the way it panned out, my discount offset the money I lost on resell.. Happy days Smile

If they do release a big editor librarian for the emx2 & esx2 they will pretty much be nobrainers Smile

It kind of makes sense that a librarian/editor will be released with the sampler version, maybe we might even be able to use the volca editor tech to dl samples too it also?
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Buska

Dude not to be a killjoy but if you were not happy with the e2, not sure the sampler will compensate considering they have the same architecture. Unless they update the fw differently or improve it by the time it arrives. Just saying...
Buska

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
@ Buska

Dude not to be a killjoy but if you were not happy with the e2, not sure the sampler will compensate considering they have the same architecture. Unless they update the fw differently or improve it by the time it arrives. Just saying...

Smile yeah but I really likes the workflow and useability of the emx2 but didn't like the simplistic synth engine. The sampler is a whole different story and I should of just waited for it in the first place, but as it turns out I got to play with the emx2 for a few weeks and didn't loose any money.

I work primarily with samples and my softsynths on my computer are sooo much more powerful than the emx2 engine. Now I will be able to sample my synths into the esx2 and I will probably buy an original emx also.

If the synth engine was just deeper on the emx2 I would not of sold it.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

fair enough, Buska Smile

One thing that I hope they have different on the Sampler is the AMP release....do you notice that you cannot make a PCM part any longer than it already is? Which is a shame considering how long you can make the tails of synths.
Buska

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
^^^

fair enough, Buska Smile

One thing that I hope they have different on the Sampler is the AMP release....do you notice that you cannot make a PCM part any longer than it already is? Which is a shame considering how long you can make the tails of synths.

Yeah but they would need a stretching algorithm to do that which I'm not sure if the sampler has. A way around that is to import a long sample and then use the dec to shorten it and then if you need a longer tail you just increase the decay time Smile
Kilko

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, he actually removed his post on facebook. At least now you know Wink
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buska wrote:

Both have the same knobs and interface, so it's very unlikely that the synth engine will be any deeper on the sampler version. The only difference I see happening is allowing to user to select samples instead of the basic PCM sounds, which actually has nothing to do with the actual synthesis options afterward. The sampling version has actually has less filters listed, for example. There will probably be less modeled VA waveforms as well. That's sort of how it is between the ESX-1 and EMX-1. The sampling version has less synthesis features to differentiate the two.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:

Won't happen if samples are one shot (i.e. no loop points).
Does the e2 has some looping PCM, on multisamples especially?
Usually tails on pianos, strings, you know.
This would indicate that the PCM engine can manage loop points on samples, like most samplers of the 90s.
I don't expect live timestretching at this price point though.

The oscillators in the synth parts are calculated real-time (VA), no wonder you can make a SAW last forever.

Mistabishi on FB wrote:
Electribe2 sampler is going to be obscenely sickkk.

Rolling Eyes
Buska

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
Buska wrote:

Both have the same knobs and interface, so it's very unlikely that the synth engine will be any deeper on the sampler version. The only difference I see happening is allowing to user to select samples instead of the basic PCM sounds, which actually has nothing to do with the actual synthesis options afterward. The sampling version has actually has less filters listed, for example. There will probably be less modeled VA waveforms as well. That's sort of how it is between the ESX-1 and EMX-1. The sampling version has less synthesis features to differentiate the two.

Thanks but yes I'm aware of that :p

Maybe it's the way I wrote that that caused confusion?

I don't see the emx2 and esx2 as compeditors but as complimentary to each other. The emx2 fell short of my expectations as a synth. I was originally going to buy both.

The sampler has less va waveforms (only basic sine/saw/square as far as I know) and much less filters, but it's a sampler so the basic synth doesn't really matter to me. I will only use the synth in the esx2 for sub bass sine stuff Wink

I would of bought both but yeah the preloaded pcm stuff on the emx2 is useless too me and the synth engine like I said fell well short of the depth I was hoping for.

The first thing I will do when I get the esx2 is listen to the demo songs then delete all the pcm stuff and start sampling my other gear Smile

I used to have a studio full of samplers years ago but sold most of them as the backing up of so many samplers and the often archaic ui just annoyed me. The ui of the emx2 but with a sampling engine is exactly what I'm after. If it's legit I will no doubt end up with 2. I see it as a upgraded volca sampler.

I think it's strange they limited the synth engine compared to the original emx though, as that was quite powerful.
Octahedron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no news from namm? Sad
dutchcow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting my money on Step Master integration.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Octahedron wrote:
Still no news from namm? Sad

nothing... just one video on youtube from namm 2015 downloaded by guitar center where Rich says the things about e2 that we already know. No upgrades or something like that.
Octahedron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. I still hope they fix things soon. I like the new Tribe but it feels like an unfinished product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: