Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile Sheets electronic sheet music display

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maintech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Mobile Sheets electronic sheet music display Reply with quote

Because I travel a lot and like to bring along my k'board and music I have waited for electronic music display to mature to enable the many books in my library to be available at any location, without getting duplicates, so recentlyI purchased the Samsung Galaxy 12.2 pro tablet from Amazon and have loaded Mobile sheets onto it. (purchased ver) www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/about.htm

I was prompted to do this because the PA600's new operating system ver 1.2 includes songbook linking to an electronic display via the USB port, which means that when a song is selected on the keyboard, the score is automatically displayed, and especially with songs having many sheets or complicated repeats, life suddenly gets to look easier and certainly more fun! A typical tablet will contain more than 4000 songs in PDF format and use less than 4 Gig of space, with an added micro SD card, perhaps 20,000 songs can be carried in a tablet, and with several SD cards the options are unlimited.

I have scanned a number of songs with an Epson combo printer Epson XP-300 (equivalent current printer XP-310 is available for about $60) to PDF files (this scanner and software allows any number of pages to be added to the initial one, to allow for large songs, many repeats etc.) and now I have a good sized music score displayed that allows a page turn with a simple finger touch. Next step is to get a pedal page flipper, probably the Cicada Pageflip with Bluetooth connection. www.pageflip.com/pageflipCicada.htm

The Mobile sheets forum is a mine of information and an ideal source of links to the world of electronic sheet music display and users express satisfaction with the technology.

A number of classical players have expressed delight over the simplification, not having to struggle with many pages, having them mixed in sequence or needing three hands to play.

Let me know if you have tried this, pros/cons.

David
bolillo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friend I am interested in the program, I have to do to buy ? works in the PA 600?
maintech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Mobile sheets Reply with quote

The program works with a Android tablet, which Korg claims will synchronize with the PA600 song book. The intent is to load the Korg style, tempo and instrumentation by selecting a song from the Korg Songbook, and also automatically load the appropriate sheet music onto a tablet display that sits on the music support on your keyboard.

Mobile Sheets is a program used to display sheet music that has been scanned into the tablet, or from a computer. You can scan into a .png, bmp or a jpg graphic, or as a pdf file. Mobile sheets organize the music into songs, which are then displayed in the tablet, with page turning provided by a tap on the bottom left or right side of the tablet screen. You will need a reasonably large tablet, but many are now available 12" - 13" and less than $250.
The page can also be turned by Bluetooth pedals, and Mobile Sheets has already set up that process, so you can continue to play with both hands and keep up with the music, without taking your hands off the keys and hoping you don't mess up the turning process.
My principle reason for using Mobile Sheets was to combine all 30 or more music books into a simple mobile location. I travel with my keyboard but find hauling around all the music difficult. All of the music I own will fit onto 1 micro SD card installed into the tablet. I will admit that scanning music into the computer, then downloading the pdf files into the tablet, then making songs out of them using Mobile Sheets is somewhat slow, however, it is very worthwhile.
I have not yet got the PA600 songbook linked with the tablet, nor do I have the pedal, but having my music at my fingertips, being able to select and play, then turn pages forward and backwards with the simple touch of a finger is so much better than trying to keep music open at the selected passage, trying to turn pages and not lose my place or miss notes. Electronic sheet music display is one of the best things to come along in many years.

Check out the Mobilesheets forum:
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/index.php
to get lots of information regarding how it all works,

all the best,

David.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobile sheets Reply with quote

maintech wrote:
I have not yet got the PA600 songbook linked with the tablet ...

Pa-Keyboards for a long time are ready to synchronize each external-software with its Pa-songbook, but software must be able to recognize MIDI-Standard. If mobile-sheet (on an Android) will recognize Midi-commands simple connect your Android-Midi-Connection with Pa-Midi-connection and use Mobile-Sheet as described.

If mobile-sheet (on an Android) will not recognize Midi-commands it furthermore will be a nice standalone-application.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
hotkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

i went in opposite direction,

As win8 tablet has better touch respond as lcd on pa 600 and bigger screen,
i prepared lyrics book with hyperlinked cotents pages, then in each song i call midi file ( bookmarked file) with four number code for songbook (thanx siebenhirter!), played over media player in background.

Lyric book was made in word,
Saved into html because of bookmarks.
I am opening it in firefox.
May be it would also works in pdf as final version.

It works great, choosing lyrics and song in keyboard on the tablet!

For choosing correct midi port vista midi tool shall be installed on the win8 tablet.

regards,
pippuzzo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried this app and it looks great for me.
Hope to have soon the release of the latest version including midi control to sync the tablet with the SongBook feature in the Pa-series.

It has been longely promised and hope this will soon happen ....

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: