Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Volca Beats slight damage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dowleruk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: New Volca Beats slight damage Reply with quote

Hi guys I'm new to this site.
I got given a volca beat and bass off the wife for Xmas and I bought new 8 channel mixer and a few other things too.
I was connecting everything up and my beats was connected to the bass via sync in and it well on my foot so I went to plug back in but not realising the tip off the sync cable had snapped off ,I only realised when It wouldn't go back in firmly. The end of the cable is stuck in the bottom of machine. Now the step and live modes won't work the sounds work but the actual construction of a beat doesn't I think I may have caused some damage. Has anyone got any advise.

Cheers
Craig (novice)
volcaPaul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Pulling-out-tip-of-a-broken-35-jack-connector/
Dowleruk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers volcapaul I will have a look .
Any advise on warranty, do I have a leg to stand on.
?.
volcaPaul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on where you bought it from. If it was bought from amazon, I'd be more hopeful that they would replace it as they're used to a high volume of returns. I'd make an argument that the tip shouldn't have broken off - or just explain the symptoms.
Dowleruk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it from a dj website in uk. I've emailed retailer/dealer to ask where I stand or could they help with a repair. It's like buying a car I wouldn't repair it myself unless the warranty was void , if it's void I'll repair it myself it's just I thought I would seek advise from people in the know. Thanks again volcapaul.
Dowleruk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Just an update Reply with quote

I tried and failed.
Lost the sync tip off my sync lead I tried soilder,tweezers,nippers and needles It didn't work so I deliver to a electronic repair company in my job on Monday 2nd of February and ask one of the guys who own it and he said he bring it in he'll get it out, so I did yesterday and returned today with the offending item removed thank god. The poor Volca beats thought it was still synced up to my volca bass, poor thing lol.
Thanks to media service solutions for there great help. Plus there gona fix my korg kpr 77 which a member of my family ,wife or son dropped something on it and cracked the board, so there doing that for me too.
Back to the beats.
Piiiiissssttttt! Don't tell the wife I only had it 4 days , doh!
Cheers again lads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: