Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice stealing and polyphony issues with new OS update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that everyone who has experienced this voice-stealing issue has let Korg know about it directly, in addition to posting here...
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter of what Kronos you have ... polyphony issue was always there and Performance meters can show this reality
by any OS , but the problem under OS 3 is that sonic artifacts of notes stealing are more noticeable than before ,
that's why I'm also under OS 2.12 , and always talking about HD1 module I develop with !

This can be overcome in COMBI mode doing a more careful priority/one OSC selection management plus some more
individual Program editing of timbres to meet the total polyphony specifications !
A good HD1 tutorial for learners , could be WavesArt Austrian Upright piano with latest PCG update , where Under Combi
sound development , over 20 notes of polyphony are used in every single key pressing , but you will never loose even
a single note even if you press 88 notes in pedal sustaining mode !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Funky40

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
No matter of what Kronos you have ... polyphony issue was always there and Performance meters can show this reality
by any OS , but the problem under OS 3 is that sonic artifacts of notes stealing are more noticeable than before ,
that's why I'm also under OS 2.12 ,

i can´t comment on OS 2.1.2 vs. 3....
but i notice note stealing here with a combi that uses Four German Grands per keystroke....nothing else ( the 4 Grnds detuned to a chord )
the sound was made with the new OS.

i don´t play with pedal so far, nearly never more than 6keys at same time...........it can´t be that i run out of polyphony.
...confusion
so could it be that my "chord Grnd" would be playable falwlessly in OS 2.1.2 ?
or what would be the tricks on the sound/combi settings ?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky40 wrote:
i don´t play with pedal so far, nearly never more than 6keys at same time...........it can´t be that i run out of polyphony.
...confusion

Doesn't seem rational , goto "Perf Meters" and observe voice stealing , if more than 20 voices are played per note ...
If yes then use 3 EXi pianos , since do not forget that new EXi v2 use more polyphony !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
soundspossible

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also noticing dropouts and noise after the 3.0.2 upgrade on my Kronos 61 (original). Wasn't sure if anyone had contacted Korg yet, so I sent a message to tech support. I will post here if I get a reply.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still interested to hear from NuSkoolTone about the track delay issue.
chini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Info in voice steeling & SST issues Reply with quote

To all those experiencing the voice stealing issues and SST not functioning as it did in OS2.1 I have covered this in other threads.. please read:

"Diminished SST ability + loss of processing power in OS3.02"

"all sounds off" cc120 anomaly in OS3 (workaround!"

"Simple procedure to downgrade to previous OS ?"

I spoke to one of Korgs main techy guys back in december after I too found that my combies/songs were no longer playing the same as they were in OS2.1 and were certainly not changing as smoothly as they were between each other in Set List mode sometimes even cutting the drum track after it had just started playing in the patch I had just changed to!.. The guy I spoke to is one of the chaps working on the issues and I'm sure Korg will address them with a small update hopefully very soon!

Until then those who's patches do reveal the issues that were not happening in OS 2.1, like me, have to find a workaround which means re-working any offending combies/songs in ways I have previously described in these threads. Please note that these issues become more apparent the more complex and "full" your combies/songs are. Also the relationship between KARMA midi channels and externally sent midi channels between patch changes is also an anomaly Korg are addressing.

Cheers, H

Always be true to yourself
soundspossible

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did receive a reply from Korg tech support.

"Interesting. We’ve not heard of this directly prior to your email. We’ll check into this right away, thank you.
Product Support @ Korg USA"

I'll keep you posted if I hear more.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundspossible wrote:

"Interesting. We’ve not heard of this directly prior to your email. We’ll check into this right away, thank you.

Could you post the address here so that more of us can reply to help put some priority on the issue? Thanks!
chini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundspossible wrote:

thanks! yes! do let us know!

H

Always be true to yourself
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: