Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sensitivity over the head

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesman99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: sensitivity over the head Reply with quote

Hi, new user here. Just pulled my new Global Wavedrum out of the box and the sensitivity of the head registers very low at 6 o'clock on the head and increases as I move towards 12 O'clock where the top sensor is located under the sensor cover. The head is way, way more sensitive towards 12, oclock. On many of the programs only an area within 2" of the top sensor will register some of the programs sounds without undue force. It is almost like there are 2 zones, close to the top sensor and the rest of the head. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

As and example using program #35 tabla and a single drum stick playing with moderate force on the head, I get a booming base sound only when I play in a area the size of an orange directly below the top sensor or in the middle, the rest of the head I get almost no base tone no matter how hard I play only the Tabla sound.

I have read the helpful threads on tensioning but it hasn't helped much to resolve, I have tried totally loose and I have tensioned up to as much as a full turn on each bolt after reaching resistance

Also as a complete noob, can someone please tell me how may "levels there are for the head and the rim, there appears to be 3 or 4 different sounds possibilities for each program for each.

thanks Very Happy
Flux Cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should at the least make sure the drum head is tuned properly. I had to tune mine when I first got it. Which I see you have already have done that. You also may have to adjust the sensor itself. As for the number of different sounds for the head and rim, I think that varies between each preset. You will just have to mess with the programing of the different sounds. The programing can be a bit overwhelming at first but after a while it is fairly easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: