Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How r new electribes for sequencing external midi?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggul wrote:
Is midi out only via the jack plugs or can usb be used?

midi in and out can be via usb as well as the jacks. i tried it running Music Studio on the iPad, sending and receiving multiple channels and it worked fine. Trying to sequence software synths on the iPad via usb has been less successful, with a noticeable (1/16 note) delay on some synths, oddly, especially the Korg ones, ims20, Poly 6 etc. Animoog and Thor were much better.
Both USB and jack midi can be sent at the same time.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
meggul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. Thanks Frenzies. I'm going to experiment this weekend.

I think the sound is good enough to make some decent multitrack mixes with some added fairy dust from a DAW. Without being able to export event recordings to WAV, the only other option I can think of is to record the MIDI and send it back through the electribe and record the audio part by part. But judging by the comments here, that might not be possible off an event recording - may have to record the MIDI as I'm performing it.
meggul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been trying to use the electribe with the sampler in Logic but it seems all the parts are transmitting on every MIDI channels. I've set the sampler in Logic to MIDI channel 16 and set the electribe to 16 but all parts are coming through. I've also tried several permutations of MIDI channel settings with the same result.

I've read that each part should be transmitting down each MIDI channel - is this true?
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggul wrote:
Been trying to use the electribe with the sampler in Logic but it seems all the parts are transmitting on every MIDI channels. I've set the sampler in Logic to MIDI channel 16 and set the electribe to 16 but all parts are coming through. I've also tried several permutations of MIDI channel settings with the same result.

I've read that each part should be transmitting down each MIDI channel - is this true?

The e2 does transmit track 1 on channel 1 and so on. What you are experiencing is, I believe, a problem with Logic. I don't think Logic does Midi channels in quite the way you'd imagine. There are many forum posts about this in Logic forums. I think it's more about ports, not channels. I'm pretty sure I tried sequencing the e2 from Logic on day 1 and realised this wasn't possible

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

meggul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked a couple of Logic forums as you suggested and found a solution.

You create an transform object using the the 'Environment' function. Filter the MIDI channel then cable it to an instrument selected for the same MIDI channel and then cable that to the sequencer. A needlessly complicated way to set this up, but I only need to use MIDI channel for the sampler so its not too bad.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5174298?tstart=0
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Glad you found a way to do it. I can never be bothered to go into the environment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: