Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 arpeggiator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scttcmpbll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: E2 arpeggiator Reply with quote

Can someone tell me if the arp on the E2 works like EMX/ESX in that you can hold down a chord and the notes will arpeggiate? I've only seen people doing single note stuff or using the touch pad scale to change notes in demos
Frenzies

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: E2 arpeggiator Reply with quote

scttcmpbll wrote:
Can someone tell me if the arp on the E2 works like EMX/ESX in that you can hold down a chord and the notes will arpeggiate? I've only seen people doing single note stuff or using the touch pad scale to change notes in demos

Nope. It's a gate arp only. You can use the pads or the Kaos pad to set the note, but it is only one note or a chord. A bit sad, I think.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
scttcmpbll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, so dumb. Fingers crossed that they update the OS and fix some of these quirks before the Sampler is released.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scttcmpbll wrote:
Argh, so dumb. Fingers crossed that they update the OS and fix some of these quirks before the Sampler is released.

this! this! a million times this!

you have no idea how upset i am at the lack of arps. my music is constructed entirely on the concept of arps!

Like it's to a point where if it never happens im considering getting a midi host box and use my LPK25 that has a built in arp for live performance and recording (i can already record the arps on the e2 by routing it through ableton and using the LPK on a channel sending midi to e2)
scttcmpbll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to use a Midipal to send arps to the ES2. I also might pick up an Arpie: https://www.tindie.com/products/hotchk155/arpie-midi-arpeggiator-kit-1/
256K wrote:
you have no idea how upset i am at the lack of arps. my music is constructed entirely on the concept of arps!

Like it's to a point where if it never happens im considering getting a midi host box and use my LPK25 that has a built in arp for live performance and recording (i can already record the arps on the e2 by routing it through ableton and using the LPK on a channel sending midi to e2)
wasstof

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

256K wrote:

you have no idea how upset i am at the lack of arps. my music is constructed entirely on the concept of arps

Has everyone cottoned on to the fact that in any pattern you can record a gate/scale pattern arp- call it what you will on say pad one, then change the gate pattern and record a different pattern on pad 2, change it again for pad 3 etc...
And Now a Volca Sample...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasstof wrote:
256K wrote:

you have no idea how upset i am at the lack of arps. my music is constructed entirely on the concept of arps

Has everyone cottoned on to the fact that in any pattern you can record a gate/scale pattern arp- call it what you will on say pad one, then change the gate pattern and record a different pattern on pad 2, change it again for pad 3 etc...

yeah that's just another workaround.... what im hoping for is a real arp control like on keyboard synths... maybe in the IFX or a part on/off in the menu... to use in conjunction with keyboard mode or even chord mode!
hoolak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limiting a channel to say 4 or so steps is another work-around.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip: Before I perform I make sure that Arp Patterns is cued up so that the settings dial is doing nothing but being used to change arp patterns on the fly...you know there are all 50 of them available, the original Kaossilator patterns that is. Cool
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoolak wrote:
Limiting a channel to say 4 or so steps is another work-around.

So basically setting the last step to just 4 on a part then?

I have not messed with Last step enough. I have to try this.

On the Touch Pad I've lowered the octave...it works but I would really like a more...well...patterns that trigger corresponding notes in the scale.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: