Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Load a .txt file to the notes area in Setlist Mode or copy paste from a .txt file.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

narf wrote:
1. Load a .txt file to the notes area in Setlist Mode or copy paste from a .txt file.

Why don't you use the editor or PCG Tools to type in notes?
It's not a .txt file but you can use 512 characters.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
media-igor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course, be sure to be able to connect an external display! For example, I worked with Kronos in January, as a result I worsened my vision, which in the past was not very good. Now require glasses with more powerful diopters!
Sad Sad Sad
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 wishes - I'm pretty sure they're buried in this thread somewhere. I use the Kronos mostly in a live situation, so mine are geared towards simplifying my live setup.

USB midi echo - I'd love to be able to transmit MIDI data from attached USB devices (like the nanopad) out thru the regular MIDI ports. I have lots of little things I'd love to do with those extra pads.

MIDI channel redirect (for external devices) - Since the Kronos is my master controller, I use it to send program change data to all my other gear. My secondary keyboard transmits on channel 16. I'd love to be able to use the Kronos to redirect all incoming channel 16 data out the midi port on (for example) channel 8. This would give me the opportunity to do custom MIDI routing per setlist slot. I have 3 synths in my rack that right now are only playable by the Kronos. If I wanted to play them with the other board, I'd have to either manually change the transmit channel (don't have time to do that between songs) OR I'd have to figure out someway to do that with my iConnectMIDI4+ (it does support it, but there's no way to automate it - I'd have to basically reflash a new config with each new route setup from a PC). I'm currently experimenting using MidiBridge on my iPad as a workaround, but I'd love to be able to do it inside the Kronos.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:
Yes, of course, be sure to be able to connect an external display! For example, I worked with Kronos in January, as a result I worsened my vision, which in the past was not very good. Now require glasses with more powerful diopters!
Sad Sad Sad

thats different. My eyes improved after using the Kronos.
Smile
media-igor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
media-igor wrote:
Sad Sad Sad

Smile

I'm happy for you! I think that you are still young. I, too, when I was young, had good vision and unfortunately reckless about my health!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:
GregC wrote:
media-igor wrote:
Sad Sad Sad

Smile

I'm happy for you! I think that you are still young. I, too, when I was young, had good vision and unfortunately reckless about my health!

hah, I wish I was young. I am 62.

I had astigmatism ( nearsighted) most of my life, so my reading vision was good. at 57, my overall vision actually improved , and I no longer need any corrective lenses. I have my vision tested every year.

This is not uncommon. My optometrist /eye doctor says this improvement when going +50 yrs of age occurs with 10% of her astigmatic patients.

so I gave most of the credit to my Kronos Smile
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

The first one would possibly be impossible, because the display is not multiple touch.
Third one would be nice ... or maybe even a requester to warn about it.

I know that this is an old thread but.... That fact alone annoys the hell out of me. Since pads are now touchscreen-based, you can't trigger multiple pads at the same time. Which makes them virtually unusable for me (without the nanopad, that is).
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

The first one would possibly be impossible, because the display is not multiple touch.
Third one would be nice ... or maybe even a requester to warn about it.

I know that this is an old thread but.... That fact alone annoys the hell out of me. Since pads are now touchscreen-based, you can't trigger multiple pads at the same time. Which makes them virtually unusable for me (without the nanopad, that is).

Fully agree, for the feature you need a multitouch screen would be needed.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
Link

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sequencer keeps me from buying it.

I would rather keep the resistive screen if Korg used it in any way. The resistive screen is more accurate and you could, for example, draw your own waveforms with a stylus. Resistive screens also use less electricity and processing power and are cheaper as well.

Of course, when Korg has not been able to fix its sequencer after 5 years(or since 2005...and, actually, even then it looked like it was taken from Trinity) and now that the PA4x uses capacitive screens, it seems that Kronos will not get any use for its touchscreen. I bet that Korg is concentrating on next Kronos model.

It's odd, that M3 got a much more modern sequencer via update, when Oasys was supposed to be moving with times and was marketed for being an updateable ultimate workstation. And the Oasys' sequencer was copy pasted into Kronos, when all the attention they put into a sequencer went into the cheapo Krome.

When the R/D seems to move faster on DSP based synths, the choice of the x86 processor is starting to look a bad move to me.
EnSoNiQuEs~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Korg,

1. Can we please have [b]Multi-language extended character set[/b] in the new Kronos? (similar to PA3X)

Specifically the Cyrillic character set?

It would greatly help in entering comments for Set Lists, Lyrics, etc. :-)

2. In the Sampling mode, when looking at the wav file, can the up/down/left/right arrows used for moving/zooming/editing the waveform, be tied to the regular joystick? (hitting those arrow buttons with a finger takes a while, but with a joystick it could considerably speed things up).

Thank you!
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software:

1. Live recording time indication in sampling mode.
2. Filtering search by instrument type/engine.
3. Octave shift slider in every program - just like in Triton. Or, which is better dedicated octave shift buttons.
4. Ability to use 4 outputs jacks as 4 inputs.
5. Autoname take files in sampling mode. Without prompt "File already exists!"
6. Visual sequencer track representation and touch navigation.
7. Disk mode search function to search for files.
8. Ability to load and save instruments, effects, audio and midi data separately into sequencer (separate file types).
9. Ability to harmonise recorded RPPR pattern by playing keys on the keyboard.
10. Sequencer multi staff view/edit/scramble through with jog dial.
11. MP3/flac file export/import/play/record.
12. USB 2.0 disk mode (mass storage device), as it was in Triton Extreme/M3, and was already mentioned.
13. Polyphonic wave sequencer with ability to input live chords from keyboard - to sequence chords to emulate Tritons' arpeggiator.
14. Possibility to have two Control Surface tabs/setups - one for each EXi and switch between them via some hardware/software button.
15. Program/Combi's author comments/copyright info saved with sounds.
16. Saving default disk/ram destination selection in sampling mode.
17. Relative mode for user scales, so you could set cents relative to adjacent notes and not absolute to root note, to be able to spread 100 cents evenly across 12 keys, for instance. And Spread or Stretch mode to stretch required amount of cents across required amount of keys.
18. Pin-code protection of whole Kronos at start up to prevent it from being stolen. And password reset via digital signiture similar to HDD drive from a USB stick.
19. Pin-code protection of whole Kronos setup to prevent it's settings from being modified without your permission - similar to PC lock screen.
20. Sampling in set list mode.
21. Easy change of a keyboard split point in programs with split sounds by holding a button and pressing a key.
22. Continuous Midi Recording (CMR) of anything you play and tweak, for a specified time in minutes. And if you forgot to hit record, or if pressing record button makes you play unnatural or kills your inspiration due to Grabbing Egoistic Reflex (GER), then this will save you. This handy feature is present in FL Studio and in some Roland synths.
23. Creating Karma GE onboard.

Hardware:

1. Rubber knobs and sliders like in Triton Extreme. Because current ones are really cheap and not handy.
2. Multitouch display
3. Stereo condenser mics built-in.
4. A free place to put nanopad to.
5. SD card reader/writer.
6. Lan interface built in.
7. Wi-fi FTP adapter built-in.
8. Metallic (golden) key contacts, not rubber ones. I think flagship keyboard well deserves it.

I think that's enough for now). That will keep you busy for a 6 months or so, creating my dream synth)

Last edited by Aziz1008 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 pm; edited 25 times in total
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
1. Live recording time indication in sampling mode.
2. Filtering search by instrument type/engine.
3. Octave shift slider in every program - just like in Triton. Or, which is better dedicated octave shift buttons.
4. Ability to use 4 outputs jacks as 4 inputs.
5. Autoname take files in sampling mode. Without prompt "File already exists!"
6. Visual sequencer track representation and touch navigation.
7. Disk mode search function to search for files.
8. Ability to load and save instruments, effects, audio and midi data separately into sequencer (separate file types).
9. Ability to shift pitch and harmonise recorded RPPR pattern by playing keys on the keyboard.
10. Sequencer multi staff view/edit/scramble through with jog dial.
11. MP3/flac file export/import/play/record.
12. USB 2.0 disk mode (mass storage device), as it was in Triton Extreme/M3, and was already mentioned.

I think that's enough for now). That will keep you busy for a 6 months or so, creating my dream synth)

I do not own a Kronos, I think the Triton Classic is better than the Kronos.. what ! that is blasphemy
Sometimes I definitely wish I had a filesearch function in my TC to quickly load up projects.

My wishlist can be found in this thread.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=651524#651524

Yes, it is doable. Confused Confused
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I like my Triton Extreme 76 better.. Even it's piano sound.. Just more handy and simple.. Yet durable.. That's why I'll never sell it - keys has no rubber toy contacts, but metal ones..

I've bought used Kronos 61 last sunday for 1800$. Mainly because of it's wave sequencing killer feature.

May be we should wait for Kronos Extreme?)) For everything to be polished..
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But nevetheless, Kronos output sound quality is not comparable to Triton's.. Not a slightest hiss is audible. Dead digital scilence. As it should be.. Great! Thank you, Korg!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 40 of 50

Jump to: