Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Joystick effect that I want to use as a normal effect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: A Joystick effect that I want to use as a normal effect Reply with quote

I have searched the forum and this question was not found. So...

I want to modify Prog D 42 SynBrass The Sailor. The sound what I need is achieved when I push the joystick forward (JS+Y). (Like a wavy vibrato)

I believe that it is an LFO parameter, but not sure where to find or change it.
What I want is to have that effect without keeping the joystick pushed forward. Right now I am using duct tape to hold the joystick up and it is just awkward.

Just in case I really bugger-up the patch I copied it to Prog E 100 which was unused.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, Much appreciated. Thanks. - Lenster
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question you need to ask is what's being modified by the JS push?

If it's volume - aaAAaaAAaaAA - then look in the amp section.

If it's filter - ooo-wow-ooo-wow - then look in the filter section.

The answer will tell you where to look.

That's the key, LOOK. Because either way you should see a piece of the programming that will say either Joystick or have the abbreviation JS+Y in the AMS (alternative modulation source) assignment. Where "JS+Y" appears will tell you where and what to modify, and by how much.

If the JS variation is, say +50, then you want to increase the modulation of the basic parameter (yes, probably an LFO) that the JS is controlling from it's dry/zero modulation to a constant modulated state.

- - - - - - - -

Many programs let you freeze the joystick position by pushing SW2 - you might want to check that as well; a rewrite may not be necessary.

You may have the option of selecting mode for the AMS as well; rather than temporary/momentary you may be able to select for toggle operation which means that the modulation would be full-on and stay there until the next push when it would return to zero/dry -- rotary speaker works this way on most organ sounds.

Hope this helps.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Lenster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Billbaker, for the response.

When I read your response it makes sense. When I look in the M50, all I see is a lot of assignments for JS-Y and nothing for JS+Y.

I tried modifying a few things and got some wierd reactions but not what I am attempting to do.

I was hoping to see some parameters change as I move the joystick, but I don't think the M50 shows that kind of dynamic stuff.

I will continue to experiment. I'm playing with a prog copy so I am not afraid of trashing the original prog. I will post if I find it.
- Lenster
Lenster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found what was looking for.
Adjusted LFO-1 pitch intensity, and that was it.

It took touching everything and seeing what changed. Eventually stumbled upon it.

Thanks BB for your guidance !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: