Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg SV1 external speaker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cscarcelli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Korg SV1 external speaker Reply with quote

Please help if you can advise me as to what the better choice would be for my Korg SV1 because it does not have internal speakers. I know I want to get Roland brand and am looking at the KC-550, KC-350, 2 CM-30's, or maybe a KC-110 .. anybody know about this? Thanks in advance!
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its just for stage monitoring then the single speaker would be fine but you really should consider a stereo set up for better sound like a Yamaha Stagepass sysem.t
Jrperser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

I used a pair of Roland 350s for years. Just went to a dual Line-6 L2M setup on stage (got em at a killer discount) and like the sound more, less coloring. A stereo setup unless your just monitoring on stage is advised. QSC K-series are popular but a set of nice self powered near field monitors on stands would work well in the studio when not using headphones. Lots of choices just based on $$ to spend.
Jrperser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

I used a pair of Roland 350s for years. Just went to a dual Line-6 L2M setup on stage (got em at a killer discount) and like the sound more, less coloring. A stereo setup unless your just monitoring on stage is advised. QSC K-series are popular but a set of nice self powered near field monitors on stands would work well in the studio when not using headphones. Lots of choices just based on $$ to spend.
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you using the SV1 for? Eg. gigging, in studio, private home use, etc. That will help people recommend the best speaker setup.
cscarcelli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Korg SV1 external speaker Reply with quote

I want to hear it w/o headphones on..
I want to hear it at band practice so drums are there too..
I want to use it as a monitor if need be..

Thanks so much..
ClaytonE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendation: 2 self powered speakers on stands...(I use QSC K8s)...but let your ears & pocket book guide you...IMHO the use of 2 speakers bring out the sublime stereo sound that our SVs produce...

Dancing
flyingace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Roland Cube Lite MONITOR. Stereo, LOUD, 2:1 sound, sounds like bose, record to iOS and cheap at fullcompass.com ($125)

I'll use it for living room performances, small rehearsals and mainly for practice. It is louder than my two M-audio BX5as and sounds clearer, better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: