Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS20 Kit & SQ-1 Package
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
Mutiny in Jonestown wrote:
MemorY wrote:
This would be my first hardware/analog synth. Smile

Ya. I'm really debating on buying it right now... I want to so badly... My girlfriend and parents say I should wait... My buddies say I should... *sigh* I want to. SO BAD!!!!

You should post some videos of you just messing around with it! Very Happy

I wouldn't wait too long Wink

I know! I might do it tomorrow... You said yours was #91? When did you order it?

I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago but don't despair...just popped in to look at Sweetwater and they still show it in stock and shipping while Musicians Friend says they're taking pre-orders and expecting to ship 3/15 Wink
Past: Moog Taurus Bass Pedals, Yamaha CP-20, DX-100, SY22, Hammond M2, Hohner D6 Clavinet, SCI Pro-One, Crumar Trilogy, Cat Octave, Roland JX-3P, D50, D20, D70, S10, AlphaJuno1, V-Synth, JD800, JP8000, C-80 Digital Harpsichord, Ensoniq Fizmo, Nord Modular, Waldorf Q, DSI PolyEvolver, Emu Vintage Keys, Crumar Trilogy
Jamie Munro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you didn't make it but who cares dude, like you say YOU BUILT IT. there has to be a certain feel good factor about it I am so jealous in a cool way though, what a great idea from Korg - it really is a groundbreaker.

I am so interested to see what the extra outputs are for - did you look at the board internally with curiosity when building it or what? from what I have seen the board is clearly labelled inside so using the new outs should be easy enough -- its going to be so cool for you when Korg drop the additional info or ideas to assist the owners on how to use the extra outputs - them splitter sections are a bloody good addition too, you basically get lots of multi outs now am I right....arrrrrgggghhh the more I talk about it the more I want it - bloody timing on my part has been awful.....suppose I am just going to have to be a vulture and dive on somebody that decides to sell at some point Crying or Very sad
MemorY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you say it's worth the price?
MemorY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And hey.

In the pictures what are the button under all the knobs? The buttons that are just left of the junction bays. What are those?
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
And hey.

In the pictures what are the button under all the knobs? The buttons that are just left of the junction bays. What are those?

It's very interesting as the 14 buttons on the bottom left of the case are blocked with plastic plugs. I've read that some people have examined the back of the PCB's and found additional labelled input/output patch points that are just sitting there waiting to be soldered for additional modular patch capabilities. On another forum some people are expecting that Korg will later announce how those 14 plugs can be used for the expanded PCB module patch points. I'm not that electronically savvy to know for a fact what the story is, but it's very curious about those 14 pre-drilled and plugged up holes. At 1st I thought they were there because Korg was repurposing the same metal front panel as the existing MS20 full size keyboard kit, but that kit doesn't have the 14 holes there. They were specifically put in the new MS20 module and the question is (of course)...WHY?
Past: Moog Taurus Bass Pedals, Yamaha CP-20, DX-100, SY22, Hammond M2, Hohner D6 Clavinet, SCI Pro-One, Crumar Trilogy, Cat Octave, Roland JX-3P, D50, D20, D70, S10, AlphaJuno1, V-Synth, JD800, JP8000, C-80 Digital Harpsichord, Ensoniq Fizmo, Nord Modular, Waldorf Q, DSI PolyEvolver, Emu Vintage Keys, Crumar Trilogy
MemorY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
And hey.

It's very interesting as the 14 buttons on the bottom left of the case are blocked with plastic plugs. I've read that some people have examined the back of the PCB's and found additional labelled input/output patch points that are just sitting there waiting to be soldered for additional modular patch capabilities. On another forum some people are expecting that Korg will later announce how those 14 plugs can be used for the expanded PCB module patch points. I'm not that electronically savvy to know for a fact what the story is, but it's very curious about those 14 pre-drilled and plugged up holes. At 1st I thought they were there because Korg was repurposing the same metal front panel as the existing MS20 full size keyboard kit, but that kit doesn't have the 14 holes there. They were specifically put in the new MS20 module and the question is (of course)...WHY?

Alright. Good to know.

Well gents. I ordered it! Very Happy So excited! It should be here around Thursday. Very Happy
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:

Well gents. I ordered it! Very Happy So excited! It should be here around Thursday. Very Happy

Congrats!!! Welcome aboard the MS20 bus Applause

If you think about it after it arrives, could you post what serial number your unit is? I'm really curious how close to 1000 they are now Wink
MemorY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:

If you think about it after it arrives, could you post what serial number your unit is? I'm really curious how close to 1000 they are now Wink

Thank you. Smile I'm really excited. Hopefully my Dad doesn't get too mad. Razz

I will post the serial number. Smile I contacted Sweetwater, and they had about 22 units left. Well 21 now. Smile
MemorY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:

I will post the serial number. Smile I contacted Sweetwater, and they had about 22 units left. Well 21 now. Smile
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
MemorY wrote:

That's great, I'm really excited for you! Sweetwater has excellent customer service so it's great that they are asking the same price as other online sellers but they're actually shipping now! 21 to go Wink
MemorY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
MemorY wrote:

That's great, I'm really excited for you! Sweetwater has excellent customer service so it's great that they are asking the same price as other online sellers but they're actually shipping now! 21 to go Wink

Ya! I was so surprised when I called them earlier today. The salesman was super cool and we had a good conversation in general. Definitely going to go back to them with much more! Very Happy
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
MemorY wrote:
MemorY wrote:

Ya! I was so surprised when I called them earlier today. The salesman was super cool and we had a good conversation in general. Definitely going to go back to them with much more! Very Happy

Ya, back in the 90's when I was buying lots of gear online, Sweetwater had the best customer service hands down, but they were also more expensive than places like Musician's Friend. Seems like in the past few years they've been able to keep their customer service at that high level, but now their prices usually match other online retailers...it's a tough combination to beat Wink
MemorY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
MemorY wrote:
MemorY wrote:

Ya, back in the 90's when I was buying lots of gear online, Sweetwater had the best customer service hands down, but they were also more expensive than places like Musician's Friend. Seems like in the past few years they've been able to keep their customer service at that high level, but now their prices usually match other online retailers...it's a tough combination to beat Wink

I believe it! But sadly. I don't know if I'm going to be buy much more gear soon. I need to really start saving up. I have some big plans for the future. Smile If I didn't have these plans. Man... I'd be buying so much from them! Just outstanding!!!
Jamie Munro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't be disappointed and welcome onboard the crazy train hahaaa

DONT BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT

Any input can take a wire from an output that's all you gotta remember

I found cool and weird things today, one was by plugging oscillator in from envelope trigger in (weird as both are inputs) , it creates a crazy distortion and adds two tones to the sound

Groovy Razz
MemorY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm looking forward to most. Is the experimentation and creating my own sounds! Very Happy It's going to be great!

Just for kicks I also downloaded Korg's Patchbook that I found on here.
http://www.korg.com/us/news/2015/0128/

That way I should be able to get some good sounds and it's a good way to start when you don't know how. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: