Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's The Lifespan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: What's The Lifespan? Reply with quote

Hey fellow Triton users. Does anyone have a crystal ball? I've been playing my classic for over 15 years, and it gets used often. I've gotten a little paranoid and have nightmares about my KB crashing during a gig. How many miles do you have on yours? Been thinking about a Kronos, but lots of $ and the Triton does what I need it to do.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a demo Kronos X from GC for what I paid for my Triton 73 new, 13 or so years back.

So far my Triton is holding up like a champ. So's my old 01W my singer uses at all our gigs and the Trinity that is my back-up keyboard.
If you've got a board that has burned in and is operating well, is in reasonable physical shape and is cased/covered when not in use I see no reason why it can't last an additional 5 to 10 years.

The main maintenance issues are battery (internal memory), physical damage and environmental issues (dust/dirt, moisture, and extremes of heat and cold that can corrode connections and contribute to physical wear of moving parts like keys).

One thing that will help greatly is being independent of the disk drive, which is a weak point in an otherwise very robust system. Having the ability to restore the internal memory, your internal memory because over the years you've made lots of tweaks and adjustments, buys you a great deal of forgiveness when changing the battery or doing more extensive maintenance such as swapping out motherboards or other electronic elements.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill, I hope you're right. I give all my gear a lot of TLC and the Triton is no exception. As for the possible weak points you mentioned, there is no battery to worry about and I have a SCSI. So if the disk drive goes south I've got that covered. Thanks for your post & congrats on your new Korg. Sounds Good
johnxyz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What's The Lifespan? Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
Hey fellow Triton users. Does anyone have a crystal ball? I've been playing my classic for over 15 years, and it gets used often. I've gotten a little paranoid and have nightmares about my KB crashing during a gig. How many miles do you have on yours? Been thinking about a Kronos, but lots of $ and the Triton does what I need it to do.

I was getting worried about my Classic after 12 years, so sold her and bought an Extreme (with Moss). A cheaper option than the (toy!) Kronos, and a 7 year newer model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: