Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Classic Factory Sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonhob68

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Triton Classic Factory Sounds Reply with quote

I'd like to re-load my Triton Classic with all the factory sounds but seem to remember having problems in the past as they are on more than one disk, also I done have a computer with a floppy drive. How can I do this? Can you help?

I have an Apple iMac with Yosemite or a Windows laptop with Vista if that makes any difference? Can I do it via MIDI? If so, how?

In a total novis so please go easy on me!!
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The factory sounds are contained on a single .pcg file which can be found at the korg forums download section for the classic. .pcg is a relatively small file and 3 should fit on a single floppy disc. You may have been thinking of OS disks which is a multi disc operation. Reloading the factory should be just one.

Loading that file will require you to have a working disc drive on the triton and also your computer &/or a midi connection to your computer.

Just pop a disc into your triton, press the disc button and choose your operation (load). You can optimize the load by digging down into the menu to find exactly what you want to load.

For a full reset just load everything by selecting the top menu "load pcg". All data on the pcg - programs combis and global data - will load.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
lorien42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His memory of it being more than one disk is actually correct if you download directly from Korg's website....the factory preload data has the .PCG for all the programs/Combi/Arps/drum kits on disk 1 and the samples for the SNG preloads on disk 2. I just pulled mine out to check. If you don't need the SNG files and the inane samples used in them, then there should be no problem loading from the small PCG. I must say that a couple of the demo songs are quite well done, they even make the weak Bank A1 Acoustic Piano program sound good.
Alesis: Fusion 8HD
Roland: FA-06B, Fantom-06
Behringer: DeepMind 12
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, Lorien.

To reiterate, the file Johnob68 wants is the .PCG file.

I think there may have been a couple of variations of the "factory" disc as well, depending on whether additional sounds were loaded.

I know that the A and B banks are a "must load" and the A & B combination banks reference A & B programs.

I can't recall specifically if there were additional C & D banks on the factory discs and whether they are self referencing, though I suspect they are (i.e., C combis use C + A, B programs and no D... D + A, B, no C).

I know for sure that the EXB sounds overwrite the C and D banks so C & D might be considered "expendable".

@Johno - I strongly suggest getting a librarian/editor for organizing and moving sounds around. There are at least 3 freeware/shareware ones: TritonLib (PC), LeLibby (Java [Mac/PC]) and Michel Keijzer's PCGTools (PC), the last being the most comprehensive with ongoing support and presence here.

BB

+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
lorien42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Factory pre-load Reply with quote

YMMV of course, but I did find a few useful programs (no useful combos, sadly) in the factory C and D banks. Saved them into my E bank prior to overwriting with EXB sounds. Of course each person's definition of useful is subjective.
Alesis: Fusion 8HD
Roland: FA-06B, Fantom-06
Behringer: DeepMind 12
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Lorien42

Re: "useful".

I've done a lot of tweaking and writing combis over the years I've had my Triton, one of the most valuable lessons learned is to use programs and combis I like as templates for developing new sounds.

If you like a particular EDM combi because of the way that the "bones" of it are set up, you can then try it with different bass, pad lead, drum kit, etc. When you've touched and tweaked everything to you satisfaction you'll have something close to new with minimal effort.

Likewise, with programs, especially synths taking a lead sound you like and substituting new wave samples from the OSC menu will get you many new sounds to try out.

BB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: