Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos editor 2.1 - cannot connect
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should Korg be working on a OS update immediately after releasing a new OS???

Anyway, while the Kronos is just geat(!), the editor story is one of a complete failure:
- it's never been something really worth mentioning, just mirroring the Kronos UI in quite a clueless way, not adding much over the Kronos besides some minor librarian functionality-
- it appeared only after one whole initial Kronos year with no editor at all, despite being part of the advertised and paid Kronos package
- it has been a completely outdated piece of 32bit software ever since, and Soundquest has not even offered a paid 64bit Kronos upgrade for it up to now.
- now again the editor is not following the OS update anytime soon, not even allowing access to the very basic usability reward it had to offer.

My strategy has become to write it off completely, as something not really existing in any expected way, and to regard the Kronos as a great synth, which you just have to use without something worth calling a proper VSTi-editor.

I'm not waiting for an editor update: it wouldn't add too much to working with a Kronos in it's present form, even if we could use it with OS3.
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the editor mainly for its library function and script making (cubase).
However,I currently use the ethernet link which helps me to save,(as a backup) and organise things on the ssd/computer instead, etc.

Having a larger screen for editing does have some benefit,but I've found with practice,using the onboard Kronos method can become easier over time.
I shall still make use of the editor upon its release,though....
Andreuz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure would be nice if someone from Korg could at least give us an ETA for those of us who truely value a good performing editor/librarian whether it be a "stand-alone or "vst plugin".
ahutnick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Releasing a new OS update is just speculation on my part but there has a been a fair amount of complaints about voice stealing in the new OS. I have the new Kronos 2 88 key and have not noticed this. Not to derail this too much but the new Kronos is solidly constructed and has a wonderful keyboard action.All the new sounds are cool too! Kronos is great with or without editor
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
Releasing a new OS update is just speculation on my part but there has a been a fair amount of complaints about voice stealing in the new OS.

I have tested this when possible. some combis are simply voice hungry and have always been so. Thats not a complaint, thats a result of programming.

Others were able to make minor adjustments . Like turning off karma here and there. There was 1 situation where the difference was so small it was barely perceptible. If we can duplicate the issue, then it would stick, IMO
ahutnick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I am just curious as to why Korg would delay releasing the editor update when supposedly it's ready. Again its not that big of a deal to me at this moment as I am enjoying the new Kronos but yeah it would be nice if they release an update for it at some point.
rs.felicio
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still no information on this topic (V3 Editor)??
ahutnick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If either Dan or Rich can comment about this that would be appreciated!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
Guess I am just curious as to why Korg would delay releasing the editor update when supposedly it's ready. Again its not that big of a deal to me at this moment as I am enjoying the new Kronos but yeah it would be nice if they release an update for it at some point.

since they are putting their name on it they are likely giving it a thorough test.

Big cos make an effort to double click 3rd party stuff
Umut Erhan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Kronos had an editor like Kross has! It is flawless, you get immediate response and very easy to use

www.umuterhan.com
www.uesound.com -> Kronos Combi Pack & Sequencer Pack
ahutnick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate your insight Greg that is the way I should look at it.
dcer10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This situation is very frustrating! Any clues as to how long it is going to take to get the new editor? The v2.01 editor has stopped working for me after the upgrade, same as the other posters. Come on Korg!
dkhbrit

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a similar problem. Original Kronos with latest firmware. Upon rendering the editor says it can't find a compatible Kronos. I have it connected via USB but it still tries to connect via all other MIDI ins and outs. Bloody frustrating it is.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default the editor does search the available ports for the Kronos. It searches all MIDI ports because some people do connect using MIDI and not USB.

The OS2.1 editor should find a Kronos with OS3 installed. If it isn't my guess is you are running on Windows and you have exceeded the installed MIDI driver limit (discussed many times here) and so the KRONOS USB drivers are not being presented to the program.

If you find the auto scan annoying, You can turn it off in the program Preferences under the "Studio" tab. You can then manually select the MIDI ports you want connect to.

Remember that the v2.1 editor will only work with a Kronos with OS3 installed under specific circumstances. You will not be able to load Global data from the Kronos OS3 and your program banks must be organized based on the rules for OS2.1 where all of the INT banks were fixed to specific HD-1 or EXi types. If those types on your Kronos do not match those of OS2.1, the editor will produce errors because it is expecting a certain type of data and not receiving it.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Korg was as smart as Kurzweil, they have a 3rd party developer creating their edditors and VST plugins and DAW controll schemes..

I think soundtower would be very willing to create such things for Korg Kronos too...

Thats some pretty high quallity stuff they deliver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: