Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing Dynamics in Sequencing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tikiman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Editing Dynamics in Sequencing Reply with quote

I'm doing a show and I'm sequencing the instruments that I don't have in the pit (Trombone 2, Trumpet 3, Reed 3 and 4 etc).

My question is: How do I alter the volume of just certain notes in a track? I know I can lower the entire track with the mixer, and I can play things in with a certain degree of touch sensitivity. AND I can also give myself volume changes with the volume pedal in performance...

BUT I'm trying to create a brass Sfz while the other instruments are just holding... I'm sure there must be a way to do this, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
dimitra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this would help you, but... I do remember in the track-edit page in sequence mode, there is an option to edit the velocity range of the notes over selected measures. Maybe you can play around with that to get your intended volume change?
Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the M50 (or the manual or parameter guide) in front of me. So, this is more of a conceptual answer.

If you can apply MIDI filters on a per track basis, then you could operate the volume pedal for the brass sforzando. The other tracks would be set up so that the cc message for volume change is filtered out. Only the track(s) containing the brass would be affected.

Again, I don't have the reference manuals in front of me but this would seem to be the way to accomplish the desired result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: