Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using a video cable for sequencing a monotribe with a MS20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMC#1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: using a video cable for sequencing a monotribe with a MS20 Reply with quote

you can use a video cable for connecting a monotribe to a MS20mini. I didn't find any mention of this method anywhere so far, so I thought it could be interesting for some of you.

Plug a video mini jack cable that has those yellow, red and white cinch endings into the monotribe and connect the yellow ending to the gate output and the red ending to the cv output of the MS20.

With this method you can have a nice three oscillator synth by connecting the audio out of the monotribe to the external audio in of the MS20, because EG2 then even controls the amplitude of the monotribe signal.
🎶🎶🎶🎶🔥🔥🔥👻🔥🔥🔥🎶🎶🎶🎶
LordVampyre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMC#1,

There are a number of videos on youtube showing the ms-20 being used with a montribe. After I get more versed with the 20.. Im considering buying one. Along with a beatstep to use as a sequencer.
GMC#1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordVampyre wrote:
There are a number of videos on youtube showing the ms-20 being used with a montribe.
OK, I just didn't know that the av-cable method is already widely known out there, because it took me some time to figure it out on my own.

LordVampyre wrote:
After I get more versed with the 20.. Im considering buying one.
Considering the monotribe has been discontinued, prices are likely to go up from now on. I really like mine. Compared to the MS20 the Monotribe is like a little insane brother. Your options are somehow limited with it, but filter resonance and lfo speed can be really brutal. No volca comes close to that.

LordVampyre wrote:
Along with a beatstep to use as a sequencer.

Are you sure the beatstep supports hz/v? you can switch the monotribe to v/oct and the trigger the MS20mini via midi, but if you want to step control your MS20 filter frequencies I guess you need a hz/v output. I'm waiting for the SQ1 because of that.
LordVampyre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean... well for me it doesnt matter any more. The ms-20 mini I thought I was buying turned out to be just a controller. So, its going back... sigh.. the search continues..

but at least have time to find things like sequencers and perhaps the SQ1 will be available?
Jamie Munro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends where you are ref: availability , I have just been told we won't have anymore SQ1 in the uk until april WTF. immediately

how true that is i'm not sure but its a reputable store saying it

certainly would not look at the beatstep opposed to SQ1 anyway, the beatstep doesn't look very perfect for the ms20 in the way it looks or works - I saw a demo and the pitch didn't respond very well, I was instantly put off, plus it looks so cheap compared to the korg sequencer
slug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMC#1 wrote:
Compared to the MS20 the Monotribe is like a little insane brother.

Yes it is quite insane to have no envelope making a free click with every note played non-legato.
GMC#1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slug wrote:
GMC#1 wrote:
Compared to the MS20 the Monotribe is like a little insane brother.

Yes it is quite insane to have no envelope making a free click with every note played non-legato.

What produces clicks? The Monotribe when played on its own or when triggerd by and fed into the MS20?

You wrote "no envelope", so I assume you mean the Monotribe without the MS20? The sawtooth setting for the amplitude (level) on the monotribe can be quite clicky, but the other two settings should not.

What do you mean by "non-legato"? The flux mode on the Monotribe when turned off?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: