Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adios Electribe2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooptrol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said Adios to my E2 too. I'm an EMX man all the way.
natrixgli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let mine go, but only because I had a stellar opportunity for a trade towards an Elektron Analog Keys. I will probably get one again soon though. I really had no problem with the EMX2.

I've owned boxes costing 5x as much with more flaws than the Electribe. It's really quite a good value and you really can't complain too much about it for the price.
cooptrol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, bang for buck.. but if you already have the EMX with a nice set of tubes, what's the need?
Flippertribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the harsh quantization is a big bummer... It gets more and more annoying to be unable to create more natural beats...

When im recording midi on Ableton Push, I'm quantising with about 70-80% and my notes stay kinda off a bit when i need it...

The tribe mercylessly kicks my notes to the grid... And this often destroys the whole idea of a groove...

What do you think - will we see a quantize off - option with the new firmware?

Maybe i just need a hardware synth to sync with my ableton setup to have a dedicated, controllable soundsource... Any suggestions?

All the best, Philip

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what i might do. Dude offering me a jp-8000 roland VA synth. Gonna have that go into ableton. Apparently theres a vst editor for it where all attributes can be changed eithin the vst and affect the real hardware. Ive asked around and modt people seem to think its a decent synth.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippertribe wrote:
For me the harsh quantization is a big bummer... It gets more and more annoying to be unable to create more natural beats...

Even though I'm a bit uncomfortable with it, especially having to use IFX for triplets, I believe this is a side effect of the realtime nature of the swing and groove parameters. And - I'm speculating here - maybe than some effects, which may not process audio but MIDI.

I suspect the internal MIDI resolution of the tribe2 being quite decent, more like 96ppqn or greater.
It's just hidden under the hood to keep the unit easy to use.

Question
Malfunkt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: I loved my E2 so much I sold it. Reply with quote

I did really like the E2 but after a while I saw myself getting around some of its sequencing limitations by using my computer daw. Then I realized what a pain it was going to be to multitrack all of its parts.

What I loved most about it was its sound quality. I still feel it's a really good Groovebox type product but I felt that in my situation I needed a lighter keyboard, something that could also control a daw, and most importantly was a performance based instrument with excellent sound quality. I also have got a Maschine and a Elektron monomachine (I acquired at such a good price around the time my E2 was ordered) and they pretty much cover my Groovebox needs (they don't do step jump, individual groove shuffles, nor do they have as comprehensive of scale settings). Ideally I'd just keep it, but I like having less gear and getting more out of each instrument.

My KingKorg should be here this next week and can't wait I play it. I'll be able to compare it directly to the E2 as I sold it to a friend.
cooptrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say I decided to keep my E2. I need something else to play with to get off of my EMX from time to time, and I wont find anything better for this kind of money. I just hope Korg fixes all the bugs and silly features.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: I loved my E2 so much I sold it. Reply with quote

Malfunkt wrote:

My KingKorg should be here this next week and can't wait I play it. I'll be able to compare it directly to the E2 as I sold it to a friend.

It would be very interesting to hear the comparison
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: