Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting external keyboard to EMX1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Connecting external keyboard to EMX1 Reply with quote

Hi

I'm trying to connect a Behringer UMA25S 25 key midi controller to my EMX1. I can play synth part 1 with the controller, but cannot play the other parts 2 to 5.

I have checked on the EMX using the MIDI button that parts 1 to 5 are set to midi channels 1 to 5 respectively. When I change the midi send channel from the controller to say channel 3 the EMX 1 still only responds on channel 1!

Any ideas what could be going wrong?
FreshHorses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it is to do with your keyboard. Do you have a way to verify that the keyboard is sending on the channel it claims to? Another option is changing the channels on the EMX. I have a keyboard that will only send on Chan 1, so I just change the part on the EMX I want to play to chan 1, and the rest to something else.
teka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't work using the midi output channel (that can be saved to individual preset setups). I have checked midi output channel on keyboard which confirms channel that I set it to, but EMX1 only plays on channel 1.

However I have figured out how to get it working using the Global send channel, which according to the instructions should only come into play if the midi output channel is set to zero. NOT the case! The Global send channel setting seems to override whatever you have the midi output channel set to!

Assigning the superior Global Send Channel:

1. Press the EDIT/EXIT button for a short time. The device switches to Edit Mode. “Edt” appears on the display.
2. Now press the GLOBAL key (to be found in the CH ASSIGN section). “GLo” appears on the display for a short time.
3. Use the keyboard to enter two digits for the GLOBAL SEND CHANNEL you want to use (for example, “0” and “6” for MIDI channel 06).
4. Press the ENTER key to confirm. The EDIT LED goes out or press EDIT/EXIT button to cancel.

Changing the MIDI Send Channel:
1. Press and hold the EDIT/EXIT button.
2. Turn the knob E10.
3. Release the EDIT/EXIT button.
4. Turn the knob E10 to set the MIDI send channel.
5. Press the ENTER key (keyboard key) to confirm change or press EDIT/EXIT button to cancel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: