Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a good reason the electribe2 doesn't do pitch bend?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
picsync

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Is there a good reason the electribe2 doesn't do pitch bend? Reply with quote

I've had the electribe2 for a few days and I'm really happy with it - really happy. I mainly use the synth section - playing with polyrhythms is very fun.

But I miss a pitch bend function - I've tried for hours to find a workaround - using the pitch knob doesn't work as the range is too big. I've tried the 'LFO to pitch' with the Depth and Speed knobs but getting no satisfaction there.-

Now I know this box is targeting dance music so I'm asking - before I send a request to Korg - is there a good reason a dance producer would find a performance pitch bend function a nuisance and not want it on the machine?
Olivander12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not own an e2, but, at least for monophonic synths, pitch bending can be emulated if the notes are legato. If a note is played, and you play a note being one semitone higher, it sounds similar to pitch bending.
picsync

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
I do not own an e2, but, at least for monophonic synths, pitch bending can be emulated if the notes are legato. If a note is played, and you play a note being one semitone higher, it sounds similar to pitch bending.

Yes, I tried turning glide up but then it glides between every note, not just the held notes.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
If a note is played, and you play a note being one semitone higher, it sounds similar to pitch bending.

That's portamento.

About Pitch Bend messages not being recognized, you can assign these to CC80 (OSC Pitch), but that means you need a box in the middle that does the conversion.

Question
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The e2 needs an auto glide mode where only tied notes (or overlapping notes) respond to the glide amount.

Who knows why pitch and mod wheel setting from a controller don't do anything. They should have made it work.
picsync

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Poumtschak"]
Olivander12 wrote:

About Pitch Bend messages not being recognized, you can assign these to CC80 (OSC Pitch), but that means you need a box in the middle that does the conversion.

Question

I think that would be the same as using the Pitch knob on the e2 which has that CC80 controller assignment so I don't see a gain there. Thanks for pitching in though.

@Ted3000
The glide on held notes would be a solution - I found your top 10 list of wishes - would be good if someone at Korg was listening.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

picsync wrote:
I think that would be the same as using the Pitch knob on the e2 which has that CC80 controller assignment so I don't see a gain there.

That's the idea, if you want to use a physical pitchwheel or pitchstick controler, as found on many synths and master keyboards.
If not, why would you want pitchbend for anyway? Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: